• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

My latest money making sideline involves flipping limited edition art prints or original pieces.

Takes a little research to get up to speed on the current trends of who's hot and who's not then its just a case of waiting for the latest print release, a mad F5 refresh session followed a quick buy then sell for an easy profit.

Good site to build up some knowledge: http://urbanartassociation.com/

To date I have doubled my investment on several pieces and holding a few more slightly longer term for a larger return.

Holding these longer term:

The notes are created by "Penny" a surgeon that quit the day job to become a full time artist.  They are created using real bank notes and hand sprayed using up to a 20 layer hand cut stencil using a scalpel.  The second one pictured uses a real £10 and a real Peso note:

YP5OaM4.jpg

1TpjIgT.jpg

ybdfDMY.jpg

A John Doe "Miss Universe" Artist proof Gold Edition (1 of 5 created)

Bkt4mYw.jpg

Henrick Uldalen original oil on glass:

product_image.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=

Marchal Mithouard Ondes coloured print

RkH8vgs.jpg

Marchal Mithouard Ondes monochrome print

76Ek6Sm.jpg

Charming Baker, created for a "Big Issue" charity edition of the magazine

2dFGf3c.jpg

Tip of the century if you are lucky enough to grab one is a new "Invader" print is shorlly due to be released from the lazerides gallery : http://www.lazinc.com/

Some of these prints are now hitting up to £15k in galleries and on ebay and should be <3k when released.

Edited by mr-dead

I buy art to look at and enjoy.

I never buy from any swanky dealer, most of my art has come from young artists or out of fashion artists who i like.  It's quite funny how a so called experts opinion can carry so much weight, I bought a painting direct from an Artist who i know who is quite well known it is signed it has a receipt and a letter, a so called expert reviewed the painting and proclaimed it a fake which i know it isn't as i had bought it and seen the artist paint some of the painting.   I had to get the Artist to directly tell the 'expert' that it wasn't a fake, so there you have it the experts are not so expert.  

Opinions are everything in art,  'a rich mans opinion is worth a lot of weight, 2 rich mens opinions are worth even more and 3 even more, the quality of the painting is secondary'.       

Mr-Dead, thank you for this thread, please keep posting art idea's here and any other links you might have for where to buy these cool pieces.  I have never much been into art but I am appreciating it more as I get older.  I don't care that much about flipping but would like to pick up some pieces for personal enjoyment.  I like the John Doe and Roamcouch.

6 hours ago, breaktwister said:

Mr-Dead, thank you for this thread, please keep posting art idea's here and any other links you might have for where to buy these cool pieces.  I have never much been into art but I am appreciating it more as I get older.  I don't care that much about flipping but would like to pick up some pieces for personal enjoyment.  I like the John Doe and Roamcouch.

Good place to buy here, cheaper than ebay : http://urbanartassociation.com/board/29/art-sale

New invader coming soon if you want to try your luck grabbing one and flipping on ebay: http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/145998/new-invader-invasion-kit-release

Edited by mr-dead

I'm not sure I get this invader stuff. What is an invader "kit"? Seems bonkers to pay so much for a few pieces of plastic in the shape of a Spacer Invaders logo? Seems like little talent to produce so I am sure there is something going on that is over my head!

12 hours ago, breaktwister said:

I'm not sure I get this invader stuff. What is an invader "kit"? Seems bonkers to pay so much for a few pieces of plastic in the shape of a Spacer Invaders logo? Seems like little talent to produce so I am sure there is something going on that is over my head!

I too have this question.  From what I've read, it seems to come in an unpacked form and the purchaser can choose to assemble it as an art-piece or keep it in the box for resale.   (I think).

Christ on a bloody bike... the Invader kit is coming to market.  Ltd edition of 25, to be auctioned via Sealed Bid process.  Suggested minimum bid is 8000 euro... I might throw a cheeky £1k bid in there to lowball everyone :P 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Hows the art collecting going @mr-dead ?

I was looking at sold art on Ebay yesterday for some reason, lots of Invader stuff

Without looking, id like you guys to guess how much this signed print Mona Lisa by Invader, 1 of 50, sold for

s-l1600.jpg

>£4000  <£6000

On 26 November 2017 at 21:48, mr-dead said:

Grabbed a few more pieces recently.

Latest one I am waiting on being delivered is this Geremy Geddes piece,  bought his one for myself as I really like his work

gedes.PNG

Do you like Lorenzo Quinn's art? 

He has some exceptional work. I'm not on the same scale as you in buying terms but I'm glad I bought a 'Trust' sculpture a few years back. It sits well in my living room.