• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi from West Yorkshire!

D4N

Hi all,

I'm interested to know if many people are like me... with an interest which began with collecting circulation coins? I now have most of them (UK circulation), so a natural progression was to look at commemorative pieces, including silver proofs, which then lead me to silver bullion coins and the silver forum.

I think my passion and interest for coins crept up on me gradually. I never thought I would have gained the collection I have, but a year or so along the way and my interest is as strong as ever. I have a binder full of coins, and now I look forward to adding some silver weight to it, in the form of some interesting bullion coins and possibly the odd bar :)

Do most people find the best place to obtain their silver is online? Are there any shops in the Yorkshire area worth a visit?

Thanks
Dan

PS thank you to @BackyardBullion without whom I would not be aware of this site!

'Ow-do!

If you are collecting circulating coins then you might find this thread fun.  There are a few of us here who noodle through our change. 

Regarding silver most of us buying from Europe for reduced VAT.  There is Yorkshire Bullion and Silvertrader but I'm pretty sure they are both just online shops.

In Europe one to check is   https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/

Hi D4N ? Welcome to the forum 

I did things the other way around and started collecting silver and gold then recently stated collecting circulating coins.  

There's so much variety within coin collecting, interests change all the time.  That's what makes this hobby so addictive.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

@richo Huddersfield but originally from Doncaster. Yourself?

@Lea79 I know what you mean! It seems strange you did it the other way round to me, I'm sure lots have but I didn't expect that! I have a few silver coins but they were bought because I appreciate the designs rather than for weight value, such as the beatrix potter set or the battle of hastings rectangular 50p. I'm looking forward to getting some silver 1 and 2oz coins in the near future - order placed via Backyard Bullion :). I want to focus on that more now but still I'm getting coins I like the design of. Theres still some circulation coins I neeeed to get to complete the set though, and I can't rest until its complete haha... so annoying when you need only one or two! I just don't think I can justify paying for the remaining ones like Kew 50p or NI £2.

1 minute ago, D4N said:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

theres still some circulation coins I neeeed to get to complete the set though, and I can't rest until its complete haha... so annoying when you need only one or two!2.

Dont buy any pandas :o

If you start, you cant stop :wub:

5 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

Dont buy any pandas :o

If you start, you cant stop :wub:

:lol: I know that feeling! I did look at the panda's too, but I decided to get a britannia and a queens beast coin... though of course that means I'm going to have to keep getting the rest of the queen's beasts set now :rolleyes: and I got a turtle coin for my sis as she has a real one and I thought it would make a nice gift

I just figured it would be nice to see them in person before buying. Plus allows for potential bartering :D. Oh well.

Archived