• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where are we buying gold

whittington2308

I used to buy at HGM, but they seem pricey now? i was checking gold silver.be and they seem better but although i have bought silver from silvertogo (so abroad) for the tax benefit, with the no tax on gold in the uk there surely must be somewhere cheaper or at least the same? 

im just after bullion really nothing fancy.

many thanks!

i think Hatton Garden Metals has the lowest price for basic gold from a dependable source. No doubt you can find coins on ebay but other than a reputable dealer you are taking a risk. 

The other best place is of course the Silver Forum. :)

i agree the prices of HGM have gone up a little bit. Sovereigns and halves used to be spot plus 2%, they are more like 3% now but nevertheless, they are good value. 

Atkinsons have a good deal coming through now and again [with free postage], so it is worth taking a regular look at the site but HGM is usually the cheapest place for basic gold coins and sometimes you get a better coin coming through and you get a proper bargain. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3% for bullion is pretty much as cheap as it gets.  New stuff is going to be 5%+ minimum.  If you want cheap bullion, stay with HGM or try Malcolm Ellis for some slightly lower condition coins which he's currently doing for 1% on 20 sovs.  Normal condition is 3%.

If you're wanting newer coins and a good range then shop around on Gold.de.  Factor in 0.5% exchange rate fee + average shipping of €20 on top.  Buy multiple coins to lower postage/coin cost but expect to pay well over 3%.

There's always a bargain to be found on our special offers page :)

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/gold-silver-bullion-special-offers

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

Yesterday I bought from Atkinsons and today from the Royal Mint.
Saved £25 buying a Gold Queen's Beast Lion from the R.M. compared to the lowest of the other sellers at the time.
Naturally since purchasing and waiting delivery on recent purchases the prices have dropped.

I like Atkinsons, not always the cheapest as stated above already, but dependable. They even offer to call you when things get back in stock. I usually use their pre-order offers offering a slight discount.

If looking for a specific coin, like missing a lunar from a few years back, I go with Chards, they tend to have more choice, if not quantity. I also tend to get my sovereigns from Chards.

I like Atkinson's for sovereigns, something about their lucky dip (when the price is right) which I just find amusing.

Varied from a 2009 piece of 'meh' (don't like the new design) to a 1930-SA for me!

38 minutes ago, Ares said:

I like Atkinson's for sovereigns, something about their lucky dip (when the price is right) which I just find amusing.

Varied from a 2009 piece of 'meh' (don't like the new design) to a 1930-SA for me!

I find the trouble with atkinsons is they pick the good ones to sell then rest go in lucky dip, HGM if pure chance and more of a bet to find a gem

26 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I find the trouble with atkinsons is they pick the good ones to sell then rest go in lucky dip, HGM if pure chance and more of a bet to find a gem

Not been my experience im afraid, I've had a nice mix with some quite nice examples. Will definitely check out HGM though but I've got a fair few sovs now I'm a bit sick of the design so looking to branch out ;)

42 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

One thing about HGM is their lack of stock. Just checked and of their 37 listed gold coin products, 27 were out of stock. 

But HGM aren't coin dealers - they only sell what they buy in from other customers. You can set up email stock alerts on specific coins though, which is quite useful.

1 hour ago, Clens92 said:

But HGM aren't coin dealers - they only sell what they buy in from other customers. You can set up email stock alerts on specific coins though, which is quite useful.

55 minutes ago, Ares said:

Yeah, really need to figure out what exactly it is you want to buy from HGM and get ready to pull the trigger as soon as it's available, can't afford to hang around.

Trouble is you never know when that may happen, and how much money you have at that time.

Don't forget Chards, I have picked up some good buys from them at very good prices, you must always phone them first to make sure they have the coins in stock!!! 

TBH there are quite a few dealers who have deals now and again, the market works well and is very competitive. 

28 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Trouble is you never know when that may happen, and how much money you have at that time.

Balance of budgets and times I guess, if you've not got enough but desperate to buy when it comes up then consider pulling the trigger early. Otherwise it's not much more than watching and waiting :)

29 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

Well, yes, but that's not a matter for the seller.  Low-premium bullion will always be in demand and there will always been somebody with the cash ready to buy. 

Archived