• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£20 Coin

Shamatti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents a new £20 coin to be released at the END of July 2014.

Are you In or Out!!!!

In.

Although I'm confused by the RM email. It said the first coin sold out with 250,000 pieces and due to unprecedented demand for the second coin mintage will be increased to 250,000! WTF!!!

In.

Although I'm confused by the RM email. It said the first coin sold out with 250,000 pieces and due to unprecedented demand for the second coin mintage will be increased to 250,000! WTF!!!

First thing I thought too, must be a mistake.

Stacker since 2013

First thing I thought too, must be a mistake.

Let me help them.

Due to unprecedented demand, mintage has increased from 250,000 to 250,001. We expect this second coin to sell out quickly and recommend that you buy within the first 6 months to avoid disappointment.

But on a serious note. How long was the first coin on sale for?

Let me help them.

Due to unprecedented demand, mintage has increased from 250,000 to 250,001. We expect this second coin to sell out quickly and recommend that you buy within the first 6 months to avoid disappointment.

But on a serious note. How long was the first coin on sale for?

Just over a year if I remember correctly.

If that is unprecedented demand, the other coins must take years to sell.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Mintage of the second coin was only supposed to be 150,000. So they have increased it to 250,000 it looks like.

This coin will have a different design?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Gents a new £20 coin to be released at the END of July 2014.

Are you In or Out!!!!

In for sure. Although I am slightly miffed that there will be a second first ever £20 coin printed. It isn't like the last one flew off the shelves is it? So perhaps the "unprecedented" part of the demand was how slowly it sold! lol

Hay!! Because the last one sold soooooo slowly we are printing another one which we will up the mintage to exactly how many we minted last time! :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Any profit is a good profit. But it does look like the RM will complete destroy this with another £20 coin so soon.

I can't see the logic behind the RM thinking, Lets flood the market with Specials, Limited Ed and lets make another comemmerative coin only a few months after the last one.

Maybe if we make sooo many of these we can get other vendors to sell them for less than we do.

A bit mad maybe but i will buy a couple of these just for shits and giggles.

The new £20 coin will have a different design though? So therefore it's a different coin.

Still though, maybe a bit too soon for a new release. I guess they saw it was a big success and they want to make more profit.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

From the RM.

"As Britain’s first £20 coin has sold out, we are pleased to announce that the second of these collectable coins will soon be revealed.

The next £20 fine silver coin will be struck to commemorate the outbreak of the First World War."

And "Shipping by end of July."

From this i am expecting a different design with sales starting sooner.

• 4 weeks later...

What have you done to that?

Mine has been in my wallet for ages and it's still lovely, although has fine scratches all over.

Absolutely nothing. It's just been sat on a coin stand on top of my monitor since it was opened. It's been toning for sometime but thought I'd show it today

You might need a de-humidifier morezone.

Discounts / Offers

My daughter was born on the same day as our future king, so she got a free silver penny.

They only gave out 2013 of them, probably less.

desperately wanted to get my hands on one of those silver penny, took a punt but mine was born 2 weeks premature.  Now lumbered with a baby and no coin.  Win some lose some.

desperately wanted to get my hands on one of those silver penny, took a punt but mine was born 2 weeks premature. Now lumbered with a baby and no coin. Win some lose some.

Unlucky, but congratulations.

Ours was a week late, but she was born about 1 hour before the prince.

Stacker since 2013

Archived