• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£20 Coin

Shamatti

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

Anybody had one out of the packaging yet?

I'm tempted to have one to carry around.

No yet. But when I am back in a few weeks, I am opening one up.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just to carry round?

Yea, to keep in my pocket, or on my desk.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Anybody had one out of the packaging yet?

I'm tempted to have one to carry around.

I keep saying I will do this, and then keep not doing it! lol Can't bring myself to open the package and just bung it in my pocket, Feels like throwing a tenner in profit away! lol

I keep saying I will do this, and then keep not doing it! lol Can't bring myself to open the package and just bung it in my pocket, Feels like throwing a tenner in profit away! lol

Just do it you poof.

If you do, I will. Pics required!!!

Stacker since 2013

I picked up 2 of these as with the face value you cant go to wrong, there was a story in the daily mail about some guy trying to pay at tescos for his petrol with one and tescos refusing to accept as payment, then after some debate at head office tescos has now said they DO accept them:) 

Well it sold for £27.09 not bad at all.

That's pretty awesome Keithoil! And you charged for postage as well, so a nice profit there.

I will try to sell the majority of mine when I am back, I will be very pleased if I can sell them for all around £27. I'll probably put them up at buy it now's for about £25 each.

Discounts / Offers

That is pretty good guys.

I have to say, I really like this coin, it's size and weight is gorgeous and I carry it with me.

I think they should general release a £20 coin, but I am aware that the £5 coin was a flop.

Stacker since 2013

After feeBay has taken it's cut you might be left with enough to buy a pint !

Better than nothing I suppose.

If beer is £6 at your local Pete, I pity you!!!

Ha ha.

That would buy 2 in Birmingham.

Stacker since 2013

If beer is £6 at your local Pete, I pity you!!!

Ha ha.

That would buy 2 in Birmingham.

My maths isn't that bad is it ?

If you sell at £27 and make a gross profit of £7 then deduct 13% say for feeBay and PayPal expenses and maybe an envelope to post your coin you have a NET profit of only £3.50 and that definitely wouldn't buy you a pint in my neck of the woods.

My maths isn't that bad is it ?

If you sell at £27 and make a gross profit of £7 then deduct 13% say for feeBay and PayPal expenses and maybe an envelope to post your coin you have a NET profit of only £3.50 and that definitely wouldn't buy you a pint in my neck of the woods.

Pete, £7.09 was the profit (purchase price of £20), so taking 13% off that is £5.

The shipping & handling was on top of the purchase price, so the envelope should have been in there.

Ok so £5 rather than £6, but I'm closer than you.

Stacker since 2013

£27.09 + £2.90 = £29.99

Ebay Fess @ 10% = £3

Pay Pal fees @3.4% + 20p = £1.22

Postage by 1st class signed-For as per listing (had to look up auction to check exact postage method) = £2.03

Padded Envelope = £0.25

Total fees and expenses of £6.50

Profit of £3.49 after taking off £20 for the coin.

Check this for nuts.  There was an auction for 10 at £240 buy it now.  Fees of £24 Ebay and £8.36 Pay Pal.  Leaves £207.64.  It costs £7.15 to send a Special Delivery parcel weighing 100-500g.  A nice tidy profit of 49p less packaging costs from that.

£27.09 + £2.90 = £29.99

Ebay Fess @ 10% = £3

Pay Pal fees @3.4% + 20p = £1.22

Postage by 1st class signed-For as per listing (had to look up auction to check exact postage method) = £2.03

Padded Envelope = £0.25

Total fees and expenses of £6.50

You guys are going way to deep into this.

I'll back down gracefully.

Stacker since 2013

Archived