• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£20 Coin

Shamatti

• Founder & Administrator

My friend ordered some to his address, so depending on how many my friend wants to keep for himself, I will have up to 19  :lol:

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

I have invested in 3 of these as with 3 you get free P&P.

Bought for the girls as an investment, but only time will tell if it is a dud or not.

At least you can spend it for £20 if you so wish.

I may even buy some more!!!

Just checked now over 95% sold!!!

Cheers

K

I thought I might as well trade my cash for another form of cash. Worst comes to the worst, I will just cash them in at the bank and reuse the money to buy some stock horse coins when they are released.

@danny sorry I just realised that my reply above, I initially inserted into your message, don't know how that happened. Fixed now.

@welcome to the forum Keithoil, I think they will do, as soon as they are sold out the value should increase slightly. And the free P&P makes them a winner, like you said you can always spend it for £20 of you wish.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I bought three of these £20 coins. Was a bit annoyed when they came though as the card backing for two fo the coins was creased and damaged (nothing happened to the coin though).

The coins are nice but I'm not convinced they'll appreciate in value unless the Royal Mint withdraws its remaining stock and revises the mintage.

Talking of Royal Mint, their prices are a bit of a rip off eh?

Yea they have some high prices, I definitely agree. This is the only coin I ever considered purchases from them. 

I think the time to sell these will be when the mint has ran out of the ones it's selling. Then the price on eBay will be slightly higher, I will sell the majority, make a couple of pounds and buy some ounces of silver :)

Discounts / Offers

• 3 weeks later...

Just remembered this thread. I had not seen mine when I started it. I have now had a chance to inspect my purchases. I love these coins. They are a great size. I love the fact that they are slightly thicker then you expect. I am almost tempted to unwrap one to play with - bung it in the wallet as a talisman. I guess it will always be worth the £20 I paid for it, but how much premium am I likely to loose selling it on in 5 years time? Probably not enough to discourage me, to be honest.

Reminds me of the first time I jumped into the ocean holding my new waterproof camera! lol All my years of experience tells me YOU DO NOT JUMP INTO THE OCEAN HOLDING A DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!  And you don't unwrap and play with silver coins either!

Or do you? :ph34r:

I have 19. Wish I didn't buy all of those, I want some pandas instead. Hopefully they sell out soon and then eBay prices go up and I can sell a few for a small profit to then buy some 2014 pandas with.

Shamatti, I am going to be unwrapping one of mine ;)

Discounts / Offers

The pound coins are going bi-metal to try to beat all the fakes out there.

Really? Like the £2 coins?

Discounts / Offers

Archived