• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever bought from coin portfolio

Silverstackeruk

Just now, giorgiopin said:

Thanks. Well that throws a spanner in the works.

Lol..like I say, will wait and see what happens this week. Just occasionally, things that look to good to be true turn out to be true :-)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, giorgiopin said:

Just got round to checking this. Yes, someone has posted two photos of these coins but they do not state where they got them from.

So you've only just got round to checking this even though you were told where to look 8 hours ago and you still went rabbiting on about it afterwards, even without looking.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I have ordered some of these, because why not. Its credit card so worst case they take the money, I don't get the coins and the bank loses. Moral Hazard.

A few times a year you see a deal that just can't be passed up. Last year it was the older Britannia coins from Nordfrim going for the same price as bullion. That was a massive win for forum members, hopefully this will be too. 

Here's my take on it.  So far we only have one confirmed delivery to a member here.  There maybe others who have received since not everyone shares their buys and receipts.

Since they have made at least one delivery but no one else has received anything yet, I can only assume that they sold their first in hand allocation but were promised a certain allocation with delivery dates of x,y,z.  Seems that additional stock wasn't received in time so hence the longer than expected delays.

Not sure why you have been asked for a signature but with their sister company Westminster, I was recently asked to sign a form authorising them to carry out a credit check on myself.  I chose to ring up instead and give verbal authority.  According to them, since it was a large order but minor buying history they needed to 100% confirm my identity.  Fair enough.

We should have all paid for the order by credit card.  Makes sense to do so since 1) there is no surcharge for paying this way and 2) Credit card offers consumer credit protection.  Worse case scenario we don't get any coins and they don't/can't/won't refund in which case we just contact our credit card companies and get our money back that way.  Depending on the situation, you have had to spend over £100 though but in a chargeback scenario, it will work for a single coin.

I do believe that Westminster and possibly Coin Portfolio through Westminster will get one of the the largest allocations from the SA Mint.  Our usual dealers cater for serious stackers/collectors and wealth preservationists whereas Westminster caters for the rest of the population who random items at sometimes highly inflated prices.  National newspaper/mags/mail promotions allows them to do this and they probably sell a fair number of items and make good profits.  I could be wrong.  I haven't seen there books.

I've ordered and I'm just going to sit back and wait it out.  It if comes, great.  If not, and I can't get a refund then a quick call to the credit card company will get my money back.

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

So you've only just got round to checking this even though you were told where to look 8 hours ago and you still went rabbiting on about it afterwards, even without looking.

???? As I explained earlier - there are over 6,000 posts in the thread. I asked for a link but no one bothered to send one so I had to wait till I had the time to find the post.

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

I asked moterbikerz myself as soon as he posted that he got the coins, the very next question was from me asking if they were from coin portfolio which he replied yes, so as i had said to you wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back, people have had their coins

Well I'm not going to take the word of someone who is forever twisting people's words am I?

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

This thread was created on April 16th, so why would you want to go back any further than that in the "today i received" thread, so in theory its not 6000 posts but only as many posts from April 16th

I wasn't looking at the dates.

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

And that stops you doing a very quick and simple check on anther thread from the 16th April this year and NOT checking 6000 posts, but maybe 50. No one was twisting anything, i was quoting you, unless you've been twisting your own story, which i'm beginning to think is more the case

You've been twisting my words from the start. You deduce that I'm accusing people of fraud just because I phone up Action Fraud. You accuse me of being 'pissed off' when I'm not. ......Among others.

38 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Come on numistacker your a bit behind lol...that's what this topic is about...getting them at £95 ?

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

:lol::lol::lol: Really, you're not pissed off??? Impatient???? You said and i quote you "EVERYONE THINKS ITS DODGY" where were your words twisted, when you add action fraud and included them in your "everyone" thinks they're dodgy sentence then you're opening a whole can of worms and opening yourself up to the possibility of liable from this firm, especially saying silly things like that

I give up. Doing it again!! Where exactly did I say, "They're dodgy"? If I am pissed off or impatient - it's with you.

Just now, shortstack68 said:

Really? Not sure why. You really should look and read your very first comment you left

I have. Maybe you should. There IS a difference between 'it's dodgy' (referring to asking for a signature by the way) and 'they're dodgy'.

Let me clarify I HAVE RECIEVED 3 PROOF SILVER KUGERRANDS FROM COIN PORTFOLIO as I posted earlier in this thread.

Yes they are slow & unusual in the way they do things, but I also did a company search on them 2 weeks ago & they are part of group with over £28 million turnover as @ 2016 . Their accounts are fully up to date & I'm not giving lessons on company searches & am not going to publish anything regarding coin portfolio here either.

Their year end is the 30th of April & I was also told by phone they are stocktaking, which as anyone in business will know is a huge pain in the backside, so all I can say is I have received mine hopefully everyone else will receive their order.

Just as an add on this company is a dream to deal with compared to Samint who I have been talking to on & off for 6 months I even have a named contact within the mint itself & have got no where with them LOL.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

11 hours ago, giorgiopin said:

As far as I'm concerned, this is some sort of scam.

This ping pong really need to stop.  It was amusing at first but now getting out of hand.  I'm going to lock this for a while and let everyone take a breath.

Now we have despatch confirmation for those who were not 100% on this deal should jump on it now at £95 before they pull the link..

http://www.coinportfoliomanagement.com/p-728H/50th-Anniversary-1oz-Silver-Proof-Krugerrand.aspx?sn=6

As a investment noone knows but as a stacker point of view I cannot see these going less then these prices ever as alot of suppliers paid more then this price..so as a store of wealth then these are a winner ..

Had a few pending transactions on my card. Hard to know what's what when pending but the transactions from the end of last week are now showing. They took payment on the 28th April. No dispatch email yet so looks like I still have to wait a bit longer.

1 hour ago, morezone said:

Had a few pending transactions on my card. Hard to know what's what when pending but the transactions from the end of last week are now showing. They took payment on the 28th April. No dispatch email yet so looks like I still have to wait a bit longer.

Ah, just checked my email from yesterday, actually says they're "due for dispatch" and should be with me "within 3 working days". So like you still waiting.

Archived