• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying gold and silver in China

Oystonousted

Hi

A trip to China is possibly on the cards in July and I was wondering whether anyone had experience of buying coins, pandas etc. Are premiums lower or is demand so high domestically that there is no advantage etc

Will be visiting Qingdao and Xian but hardly any time in Beijing

Cheers all

1 hour ago, Oystonout said:

Hi

A trip to China is possibly on the cards in July and I was wondering whether anyone had experience of buying coins, pandas etc. Are premiums lower or is demand so high domestically that there is no advantage etc

Will be visiting Qingdao and Xian but hardly any time in Beijing

Cheers all

yes, very easy to buy coins especially gold coins in china, you don't need appointment if that's current years which is 2017, just go into bank of china PM desk and they will sell you the panda in omp . in china it is currently around spot + 20% ( china levy )

silver, there is a china coin coop in Xian I have forgotten the street name, but you can check out from their official web sites

there aqre so many things to see especially Xian, it is the old capital of china and have a VERY VERY VERY long history, culture and art craft, from bc 180000 to 1802 , 64 kings capital

I would recommend you to get a purple sand tea pot set from Xian rather than coins, if you go on Wednesday and Friday afternoon after lunch you will see the master making the tea pot

hope this helps

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

yes, very easy to buy coins especially gold coins in china, you don't need appointment if that's current years which is 2017, just go into bank of china PM desk and they will sell you the panda in omp . in china it is currently around spot + 20% ( china levy )

That's quite high isn't it?

Seen a 2017 30g gold panda for around 5-8% over spot in UK

Archived