• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The New Peter Rabbit coin sold out?

BackyardBullion

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Trust me to get the milky, spotty one!

What's the general opinion? Should I send it back or just sell it as it is?

Am I likely to get a replacement or a refund?

58ef9a84ab72c_PeterRabbit_spotty.thumb.JPG.d8a417635631c420e8acdb365c7b0f70.JPG

Absolutely discusting how they let these get Through QC.

It would sell id say but if they can guarentee a replacement send it back with a strongly worded letter !

I sold mine on eBay the other day, got £105 for it, so minus all the fees etc, I made £23.50 in a couple of days, I am happy with that, I only purchased the coin to sell, so the extra money helped pay for a recent purchase, just wish I bought more now lol, I don't want to check the prices on eBay anymore now tho because I bet they have gone up in price lol

I sold mine on eBay the other day, got £105 for it, so minus all the fees etc, I made £23.50 in a couple of days, I am happy with that, I only purchased the coin to sell, so the extra money helped pay for a recent purchase, just wish I bought more now lol, I don't want to check the prices on eBay anymore now tho because I bet they have gone up in price lol

They have gone down so you did ok :)

1 minute ago, shawy2510 said:

They have gone down so you did ok :)

Thank god for that then! lol I new the price would come down a little from when they were first selling on eBay so I just wanted to get rid and the quicker I got rid, the quicker I could buy my new Coin! Lol

5 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

Absolutely discusting how they let these get Through QC.

It would sell id say but if they can guarentee a replacement send it back with a strongly worded letter !

What stinks is, if you sell it on a platform like eBay, you'll have to disclose that it's spotted and anyone that knows anything about coins won't pay the same premium as the other little bunnies that are selling.  I'd go for the replacement/refund unless you still think you can turn a profit at a lower price point.  Just my spotted 2 cents ;)

I do agree with @Bullionbilly I can't believe a highly collectible, not inexpensive, proof coin left the mint in that condition!

Don't think it's worth trying to sell it at today's lower prices although it may turn a profit sometime in the future. I'll definitely return it if they promise me a replacement, but if they can only offer a refund....not sure:unsure:

edit: incredible range of selling prices at auction for just today; £85 - £155

A lot of the auctions are going higher than most of the BINs

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 04/16/2017 at 19:00, shortstack68 said:

The dreaded milk spots, i think i mentioned this somewhere on this thread. Once that starts you can forget about premiums. I wonder how many more are going to end up like this, there was a fair few of the Lion 1oz proofs spotted and that was only an 8500 mintage, 30,000 and the scenario gets worse....

Did someone mention QC and the Royal mint in the same sentence? lol

Recently bought a silver proof new £1 coin. All silver but to have the bi-metalic effect they out fine gold on it. Awful parts of it missing and silver showing through. Its going back. Hope milk spots dont affect many people with the rabbits.

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

The dreaded milk spots, i think i mentioned this somewhere on this thread. Once that starts you can forget about premiums. I wonder how many more are going to end up like this, there was a fair few of the Lion 1oz proofs spotted and that was only an 8500 mintage, 30,000 and the scenario gets worse....

Did someone mention QC and the Royal mint in the same sentence? lol

corrections :::::: there was a ONLY fair few of the lion 1 oz don't get spotted and that was only an 8500 mintage :D

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

50 minutes ago, LewisRichards said:

The RM QC has gone to pot! Recently bought a silver proof new £1 coin. All silver but to have the bi-metalic effect they out fine gold on it. Awful parts of it missing and silver showing through. Its going back. Hope milk spots dont affect many people with the rabbits.

that's an error coin , may worth more money?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 4/7/2017 at 06:32, Oldun said:

I have the whole charming set of small handsized illustrated hardcovers as I am reading them to my 2 year old daughter before bedtime :) Charming stories with gorgeous writing that, when read out loud, hold their attention (and mine). I didn't buy any of the coins. The books are simply wonderful though.

https://www.amazon.com/Tale-Mrs-Tiggy-Winkle-Peter-Rabbit/dp/0723247757

Having said that, just bought Peter at 70 quid just today and one each of the upcoming ones at 57. Done and dusted :) My kid is going to love me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived