• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

Been a member of silverstackers for some time and thought I better join up here as im in the UK :)

At this time I have zero silver and 100% in gold as I cant bring myself to pay the VAT on those bars.

This gold is stashed in a huge safe at my place of work so secure ;)

Been stacking this lot since Dec 31st 2013 so has built up pretty quickly, 20.62 troy oz to date.

1/4 2013 Canadian Maple

1/4 2014 Chinese Panda

1/10 2013 Australian Kangaroo

1/20 2013 Year of the snake

1/4 2013 Krugerrand

1/4 2013 Philharmonica

1/4 Gold eagle

1/2 of Proof Angel

1/4 Britannia

1/10 Lunar Dragon

1/10 Lunar Horse

Valaurium gold note - miners

Valaurium gold note - prosperity

Valaurium gold note - santa

1/10 Lunar Rabbit 1/4

2009 Chinese Panda

1/10 Lunar Mouse

1/10 Lunar Tiger

1/10 2005 Chinese Panda (mint sealed)

1/10 Lunar Snake

1/10 Lunar Ox

1986 Panda 5 coin set

1 X 10g Perth Mint Oriana bar

15 X 10g Perth Mint Oriana bar

Quintuple sovereign

2005 Panda 1oz

1oz Isle of Man Angel

Mexican 50 Peso

1986 USA Eagle

2014 USA Buffalo

1974 Full Sovereign

1981 Full Sovereign

100g Cast Metalor Bar

pics to follow -

Edited by mr-dead

You still end up paying around 19% over spot even on the cheapest coins at silver-to-go which are amoungst the cheapest out there.

Ahh. You don't want to pay the higher premiums.  

In the UK it would be premium + VAT.  In Germany just the premium

Ahh. You don't want to pay the higher premiums.  

In the UK it would be premium + VAT.  In Germany just the premium

It would worry be if you built up a large stack and wanted to sell it quickly for some reason, sell to a dealer and get offered spot or ebay and get slammed with fees.  I think with gold if you buy wisely you can purchase as low as 3% over spot so wouldnt take much of a price increase to be able to off load the lot to a dealer with zero stress,

But I would love a 1kg silver Panda + Libertad even with the huge premiums

It would worry be if you built up a large stack and wanted to sell it quickly for some reason, sell to a dealer and get offered spot or ebay and get slammed with fees.  I think with gold if you buy wisely you can purchase as low as 3% over spot so wouldnt take much of a price increase to be able to off load the lot to a dealer with zero stress,

But I would love a 1kg silver Panda + Libertad even with the huge premiums

Totally agree.  Silver can't be offloaded quickly.

The 1oz+ gold could be offloaded to dealers but fractional I would sell privately though.

If you hadn't beaten me to the 1986 set from Atkinsons, I could have been the lucky owner :(

As an aside, that's a really good looking case. Where did you get it?

Its a lighthouse quadrum case, they do them in different shapes and sizes designed to take the quadrum capsules that can hold coins from 14-41mm.

Case -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOOD-DISPLAY-CASE-w-3-Trays-for-2x2-Flips-or-QUADRUM-Snaplocks-holds-up-to-60-/141106264718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20da96ba8e

Get my capsules here -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400553470753?var=670127961060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This will be delivered tueday, as the coins are sealed in capsules I needed something to fondle :)

Ahh id really like a poured gold bar, I think I will get a 50g one some time in the coming months

Will look forward to seeing a picture of your bar if you're kind enough to share one next week 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Founder & Administrator

This will be delivered tueday, as the coins are sealed in capsules I needed something to fondle :)

8xepXM6.jpg

These bars look lovely, I have some silver 100g metalor ones. Will at some point in the future hopefully purchase a gold one.

And the rest of your gold stack is looking pretty good too. I agree with what you say about the premium and if needing to sell quick to a dealer, I am looking more towards gold now as I don't really have much compared to my silver. Silver has more potential though, so long term I estimate silver to be a better performer even with the higher premiums.

Also if selling directly to the market and not a dealer than semi numismatic silver makes the largest return, if you have time to sell and a market to sell in.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme