• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Affordable alternative to an XRF machine

• Founder & Administrator

Borrowed this link from another forum,

http://youtu.be/v_6XbbuDc9U

The price before delivery is about $900 with all of the additional wands. I think you need the bullion wand to test bars or thicker metals and the smaller wands to test small items. But there are cheaper options without the additional wands.

http://www.sigmametalytics.com/purchase.html

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

As I said on the other forum, I like this a lot!!!

I am going to buy one at some point. Exactly when I do not know, but some point in the future, it's a needed purchase.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Nice stuff but it only tells you if the coin is 99,9% silver or gold which is good if you want to use this machine to check if the coin is real or fake but not so much if you want to know what is the % of silver/gold in coin. Not so useful for analysing older coins and especially ancient coins. Here XRF gun still wins. The only problem with XRF is the price, 15000€ + 

I think 900$ just for checking is a bit high... for me at least.

It certainly looks pretty cool, seems more aimed at people handling big volumes of PM's on a very regular (almost daily) basis rather than the likes of me.

A cool technology nonetheless.

So you can't test 925 silver or 22ct gold? I haven't looked into specifically what it tests. I only collect 999+ anyhow so it's find :lol:

Discounts / Offers

the say: "Many standard metals are stored in the Precious Metal Verifier and can be selected by the user. For example, for gold coins the user can select pure gold, 22 K gold, 90% gold, or American eagle gold; for silver, pure silver, sterling silver, 90% silver. and Britannia silver. Pure platinum, palladium, rhodium, and copper also have stored values. Each of these coin and bullion metals will produce a unique reading on the Precious Metal Verifier. Even small changes in alloy make a big difference in the readings on the Precious Metal Verifier."

One thing I dislike about that, is that it has some sort of liquid thing, and you put the pen in contact with the item. It says the liquid is harmless but you still have to put it against the item, then you have some crap you need to wipe off the item, and wiping it off may cause damages to the coin in my eyes. Ok for bullion but I wouldn't want to test numismatics with it. Plus you have to take everything out of capsules.

The other machine tests through capsules and slabs, although nearly double the price it's the better option in my opinion.

Discounts / Offers

Archived