• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed My Silver, your Sovereigns

Danny-boy

Hi all,

As above, I have some silver to sell and I'm planning to buy sovereigns.

If anybody is interested in moving some the other way, let me know.

I have plenty I'd be willing to swap across, but not limited to......

Kilo lunars & kooks

10oz bars

1oz pandas

1oz other coins, maples, birds of prey, noahs, eagles etc

2oz queens beasts

1/2kg bar

100g bar

Proof libs

Etc.

Give me a shout and we can talk numbers.

Stacker since 2013

Kind of difficult to assess interest in a gold for silver swap without some idea of how you expect to price your coins.
It would be simple to swap the spot value of sovereigns for spot values in silver but I assume you value your coins higher than this but by how much  ?

Pete,

I don't feel spot for spot is fair, as you can't buy silver for the same low premium as you can gold.

lI'd be looking at pricing sovereigns by HGM, which is a fair buy price. I'd look at pricing silver at the relevant "available to buy" price. So either STG sale price or eBay minus 13% fees, whichever is more applicable.

So in short, I'd be looking for a value swap, open to negotiation on both sides of course.

It would depend on what silver is being swapped, and would be dealt with on a deal-by-deal basis.

Stacker since 2013

Ditto - Panda years ?

Can you list your kilo coins please and how will you determine the fair swap price ?

Are you interested in half sovereigns or only full sovereigns ?

Pete,

See above for panda.

I already said how I would determine the fair swap price.

The kilo coins are.......

2015 Kookaburra 1kg x 5
2015 Koala 1kg
2014 Lunar Series 2 Horse 1kg
2015 Lunar Series 2 Goat 1kg x 2
2016 Lunar Series 2 Monkey 1kg x 2

11 kilo coins in total.

If I'm honest, I only really want full sovereigns - the halves I would have to re-swap at some point for full so I'd rather skip that step if possible.

It depends on the numbers I guess, but I doubt there is anybody who would value two halves less than a full.

Stacker since 2013

Also, and not aimed at you Pete, but I won't be negotiating in the thread.

I have said what I have, how I will value both parties offerings, and what I wish to swap for.

If anybody is up for it, let's chat via PM.

I'm happy to be more specific on my coins and quantities in the thread.

Cheers all

Stacker since 2013

Would you be better selling the silver coins outright and then buying the gold coins you want?

i would be interested in some of these silver coins but not swapping, just cash buys.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Would you be better selling the silver coins outright and then buying the gold coins you want?

i would be interested in some of these silver coins but not swapping, just cash buys.

Yeah, no probs.

Let me know what you fancy and I'll give you a price.

Stacker since 2013

Archived