• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion Star order error

Whatmuff

Good morning all

I'm new to the forum so hi to everyone. The other night I was checking the total cost for an order at bullion star and when I clicked the final button which I thought would take me to the payment page, it was the agreement to sale and finalised the order! Now they said there is no way possible to cancel the order and I must proceed as it is binding?? Is this correct as it was an accident? Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Kind regards

Dan

Hi and welcome. As said before I think you would need to open an account giving your shipping address etc and also agree to terms and conditions before it is binding. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Yes I opened an account and was price comparing. And I did click all those boxes! Ah bugger. Well I've bought the order so let's hope customs don't get their mits on it at the shore and charge vat!! Thanks for all the advice.  I'm really enjoying this site and silver!!

6 hours ago, Whatmuff said:

Yes I opened an account and was price comparing. And I did click all those boxes! Ah bugger. Well I've bought the order so let's hope customs don't get their mits on it at the shore and charge vat!! Thanks for all the advice.  I'm really enjoying this site and silver!!

You can bet your bottom dollar that customs will get you on this one :-0

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 hours ago, Whatmuff said:

Dream On - not only VAT but processing fee and VAT on shipping etc etc.
Good luck.
The UK government needs every penny to cover overpaid consultants fees, white elephant projects like HS2 and foreign aid to corrupt regimes and dictators needing to replace their jets and wardrobes with the latest designer goods.

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

careful with your language, they have eyes and ears everywhere.:ph34r:

Good advice especially after watching the fantastic movie recently released on Edward Snowden - a MUST see !!

15 hours ago, TheWhiteStuff said:

I made 2 orders from different companies that i didn't follow through on bank transfer with. They just canceled the orders.

Let me know if your order comes through VAT free. I am making a list of companies/countries good for evading VAT.

I have ordered from Silver to go and had it delivered in two days VAT free, as the Tax was paid in Germany and the cost per coin worked out at £16 which is £3 cheaper than the UK companies so definitely worth ordering from outside the UK. Singapore prices are cheap however with the VAT add on at customs I'm expecting to be the same if not slightly more expensive than Silver to go. So I'll just use them in future. 

I am thinking more for stuff you cant get in Europe. People are still ordering outside the EU even with VAT to get some exclusive stuff. 

Doesn't Germany still have 7 percent even if they call it VAT free? I have ordered from the EU but have also had non EU packages come through cheaper without VAT. 

I am not talking about avoiding VAT but i am interested in companies doing things because they assume i will order more. In some instances i think my packages have avoided VAT because the sellers hand writing on the declaration is unreadable. Whether this was done on purpose or not i don't know.

I am more interested in companies that help me save than the countries but packages from different places are not all searched the same. America is high risk post  because of all the guns etc so you have a much smaller chance of your package getting through without being checked.

You could just put it down to getting lucky but there was classified customs documents on the dark web showing the high risk countries and the percentage of packages that got checked. Not all countries have the same risk rating and so less packages are checked from different areas of the world.

Maybe the UK will accept a bunch of trade deals soon anyway that could change things.

Did you order gold only? If so you need the right commodity code get in touch with the dealer and ask them to put the correct code on for investment bullion code they will know this.  Then if it is picked up by customs you can ask for a (I think you must check,) Cd23 form  to pay vat later this will mean you do not pay the 2.5% courier fee. 

I have bought quite a few times from north America and every time it has been picked up by the customs. You have not said what you have bought, if you have bought silver then they may change it for gold. Anyway you need to go read importing investment gold into the EU from outside the EU, use the correct commodity code and get I think they are called a Cd23 form to pay later.  First make sure the dealer is using the best commodity code for you and not just a lazy cannot be bothered one.

The customs code for collectible silver coins is -

Collectible, numismatic 97.05.00.020 no duty 5% VAT

Ask your dealer/ seller to declare this code for 5% VAT
If you are charged 20% VAT and your coins fall into collectible, numismatic - as most do, then send an email to the importer to appeal the VAT - generally works.

My experience of imports from the USA - 100% picked up and charged; Australia 100% picked up and charged but single coins can often slip through the net.

On 14/12/2016 at 18:46, TheWhiteStuff said:

I made 2 orders from different companies that i didn't follow through on bank transfer with. They just canceled the orders.

Let me know if your order comes through VAT free. I am making a list of companies/countries good for evading 

The parcel was caught by Customs as expected! They don't miss a beat!! So in future I'll stick with Silver To Go, awesome service from them. I think they've charged just over 25% for tax and customs charges. I'll have to work out the cost per oz. 

I made a purchase of Pamp gold bars from bullion star last year.  To my surprise I was charged an excise tax on the export of the gold from Singapore to the USA.  My package was held in customs for 2 weeks until I was able to resolve the matter.  I would not recommend buying anything from Singapore - by the time you are done it will almost certainly cost you more than if you just buy from within your home country.

Additional - those same bars became available in the US a year later and if I had waited I would have saved some $$$.

21 hours ago, Pampfan said:

I made a purchase of Pamp gold bars from bullion star last year.  To my surprise I was charged an excise tax on the export of the gold from Singapore to the USA.  My package was held in customs for 2 weeks until I was able to resolve the matter.  I would not recommend buying anything from Singapore - by the time you are done it will almost certainly cost you more than if you just buy from within your home country.

Additional - those same bars became available in the US a year later and if I had waited I would have saved some $$$.

Absolutely, if I'd had stuck with stg I'd probably saved about £100 never mind you win some and this one's a loss. 

You must know your commodity codes and investment gold or silver I paid zero last time from the USA Apmex they put the wrong code on I alterd the parcel at USA customs had the correct code put on and put a CD 23 so the courier could not charge then I insisted it was investment gold same as the hedge funds and banks import without charge, there is a list of coins that are investment gold on hmrc site.  They may try to put a 5% charge on you can have this taken off afterwards.  My advice would be buy from the UK then the EU. 

You did not have to carry on with the purchase you do not have a contract ESP with a company in Singapore untill the money changes hands.  You could of claimed you were misled by the company about import charges.  I do not think a bullion company would chase you for payment for a small amount as this would reflect very badly on them and put off clients who were to put large purchases with the said company.

You could always open a holding at goldmoney or bullionvault. 

On 24/12/2016 at 02:40, Pipers said:

You must know your commodity codes and investment gold or silver I paid zero last time from the USA Apmex they put the wrong code on I alterd the parcel at USA customs had the correct code put on and put a CD 23 so the courier could not charge then I insisted it was investment gold same as the hedge funds and banks import without charge, there is a list of coins that are investment gold on hmrc site.  They may try to put a 5% charge on you can have this taken off afterwards.  My advice would be buy from the UK then the EU. 

You did not have to carry on with the purchase you do not have a contract ESP with a company in Singapore untill the money changes hands.  You could of claimed you were misled by the company about import charges.  I do not think a bullion company would chase you for payment for a small amount as this would reflect very badly on them and put off clients who were to put large purchases with the said company.

You could always open a holding at goldmoney or bullionvault. 

That's what I should have done, never mind. I had the order arrive today, I am pleased with the Perth mint coins I ordered and 20 of the 1 oz bars are in good condition however, there is a few scratches on the 5 oz bars and the other 1 oz bars. As far as ordering again I wouldn't as the packaging and service from silver to go is far greater and the quality is second to none. And plus the tax on the singapore is far more. 

With regards to the low spot price at the moment and the pending EU exit is anyone else stocking up lately or buying a bit more than usual?

Happy Christmas 

Archived