• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Keithoil

What Watches do you own!!!

14 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

Some nice watches on this thread but does anybody know any nice slimline ones, I have really scrawny wrists and the massive chronograph watches just look ridiculous.

Rolex submariner, has a 40mm case. The old model is better if you have slim wrists (i.e. the non ceramic model, which is discontinued but you can still buy preowned.) as the lugs on the new ceramic submariner are larger and make the watch look much bigger. Although I think it will still look fine on your wrist.

There are a lot of nice watches but I do think that they have started to get too large. For me anything over 40mm is way too big.

Nomos e.g the cheapest model the Tangente comes in a 33mm, 35mm and 38mm diameter model iirc.  I was going to buy myself one a few years ago when they were quite a bit cheaper.  I wish I had now.

@Scuzzle Have a look for Omega Seamaster 38mm which is Shown against my Rolex GMT Master 2, standard Omega Seamaster is 41 mm which is about the same size as my Rolex.

The 38mm Seamaster  was discontinued a number of years ago but you can pick up a nice one for anywhere between £1200-£2000 they come various designs.Make sure if you get one, to get a mechanical movement & check it has been serviced.

P1000805.JPG

@Scuzzle Have a look for Omega Seamaster 38mm which is Shown against my Rolex GMT Master 2, standard Omega Seamaster is 41 mm which is about the same size as my Rolex.

The 38mm Seamaster  was discontinued a number of years ago but you can pick up a nice one for anywhere between £1200-£2000 they come various designs.Make sure if you get one, to get a mechanical movement & check it has been serviced.

P1000805.thumb.JPG.196d2d5e48b20005154a6f2babe05a45.JPG

The Ceramic GMT is absolutely gorgeous. I would love the TT GMT Ceramic and often think of PX my Sub-C for one

@Numistacker I'm pretty careful with mine & wear both everyday Seamaster for work/gardening, GMT leisure. I hate it when people buy watches & never wear them,I have a friend who only has 6  watches but they are worth  over £100K, 5 he never wears & has them all on this saddle thing to keep the movements going LOL.

I've had this back for 2 months after going in a for service.  Came back looking brand new and is already seeing signs of wear but it doesn't bother me. When it gets battered again I'll send it in for another service.  

P1040480.JPG

In order to cultivate a distinctively eccentric look, I've gone over to carrying a pocket watch, instead of wearing a wrist watch. I have a nice quartz watch, similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunter-Analog-Quartz-Pocket-KSP050/dp/B00NHLRUL6/ref=sr_1_48?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1463275072&sr=1-48&keywords=pocket+watch

It looks like a gold watch, but there is no gold in it: those cunning people can make yellow steel these days.

Just now, Bumble said:

In order to cultivate a distinctively eccentric look, I've gone over to carrying a pocket watch, instead of wearing a wrist watch. I have a nice quartz watch, similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunter-Analog-Quartz-Pocket-KSP050/dp/B00NHLRUL6/ref=sr_1_48?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1463275072&sr=1-48&keywords=pocket+watch

It looks like a gold watch, but there is no gold in it: those cunning people can make yellow steel these days.

I like it, do you take to wearing a waistcoat as well or does it go in the denim watch pocket.