• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Numi's - Tip of the Month - November 2016 - 4th Panda Expo Medals

2 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

Could I ask the members who had a recent delivery of the medals, what date they were showing as dispatched from china?

As one of mine has not arrived.

Mine were same as the ticket @Numistacker posted I think. Last scan in China on the 1st  Dec and than at Langley on the 3rd.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I think I have been quite lucky on the damage side of things.

As for the quality it is the only antiqued coin/medal I have so I can't compare but I quite like it to tell the truth.

I think it looks more like graphite than antique as well.

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

2 hours ago, Numistacker said:

It seems that Shanghai Mint uses a different antique process than Shenyang or Nanjing. The finish they use is not as flattering in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the lack of contrast. They may as well as just painted them with brown paint.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

My expo medals that arrived within a week were in perfect condition. I posted the photos in the “today thread”. They were then sent for grading.

I am still waiting on a medal that’s been in transit for almost four weeks. Could the damage have occurred to the recent deliveries due to the time spent in transit?

The only damage I can see with mine is a scratch that occured before the antiquing process. Cully's seems to have a scratch done after. These couldn't have happened during shipping.

The "whatever it is" on the cheek of Cully's, who knows? If on the coin, it looks like an area that hasn't taken the antiquing.

11 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

The only damage I can see with mine is a scratch that occured before the antiquing process. Cully's seems to have a scratch done after. These couldn't have happened during shipping.

The "whatever it is" on the cheek of Cully's, who knows? If on the coin, it looks like an area that hasn't taken the antiquing.

I'm sure mark on the cheek is just on the inside of the plastic. It's the scratch on the other side that's bothering p me. 

With these medals being at such a high premium I was hoping for better ☹️

• 4 weeks later...

Archived