• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Numi's - Tip of the Month - November 2016 - 4th Panda Expo Medals

Guys I am daring to raise my head above the parapet once more to give you a tip.

Each year for the last 3 years a small gathering (VIP) has been happening in China to discuss Pandas!

This year it may or may not be happening - TBD but the special VIP medal for the gathering will be made.

It is minted by Shanghai mint and may be one of the last low volume medals to be made by the mint who are leaving Nanjing to that generally unprofitable market.

There will be 4 medals:

Silver 30g Proof - 299 Mintage (distribution 150 china, 30 VIP china, 120 for World ex China)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152326591284

Silver 30g Proof Antique - 99 mintage (distribution 50 china, 11 VIP china, 39 for World ex China)
Not yet on pre-order

Copper Proof - 200 mintage (distribution 100 china, 20 VIP china, 80 for World ex China)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162289784064

Gold/Silver Bi-Metal - 200 mintage (distribution 100 china, 20 VIP china, 80 for World ex China)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162290681301  (edited Link)

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg

the medals are available from http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dragonzeng168 dragonzeng168 on ebay. What is the best to buy - probably the bi-metalic and antique when available thought i have no doubt these will change hands at quite a bit more than the pre-order. Dragon charges more than Lucky for new issues! But there is still mileage in this one.

I have ordered one of each already. Hope that you guys win with this one and I know many of you did well with the July Nanjing Panda tip.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the tip purchased the bimetallic gold and silver, it looks amazing hope its as good as the picture.

What link did you use? When I have clicked on it takes me to the silver and when I go to his eBay page it says 0 items for sale

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, prophet800 said:

How much is the bi-metal?
The link takes me to the silver one.

I just edited the link

1 minute ago, prophet800 said:

What link did you use? When I have clicked on it takes me to the silver and when I go to his eBay page it says 0 items for sale

He had 4 and I bought one and QS bought one so 0 but if you message him he may have more.

I think if i buy the silver and gold one ill find myself divorced ! , the silver one with 299 mintage should also offer a good return ?

The Panda Lunar Silver Goat had 299 and that went up well. But compare with moon panda with 5000 and this looks to be a good buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

The Panda Lunar Silver Goat had 299 and that went up well. But compare with moon panda with 5000 and this looks to be a good buy.

Worth a punt then, just ordered 1 of the silver ones. Thanks for the tip.

It'll be interesting to see the price of the silver antique ones when they are available.

I collect this series so I will be getting a silver and I like the idea of the bi-metallic so will be grabbing one of those as well.

The mintage is down considerably.  1k for 2013 and 2014 and then 380 each (or so) of proof and reverse proof for 2015.  2015 can now be bought for less than when released.  I don't think it helped that the price was artificially kept high, the expo didn't take place (i don't think so anyway), they complicated with proof and reverse proof and just recycled the design from the 2014 Maccau Coin Show.  The great wall was changed for the worse as well.  The 1st and 2nd was far superior and looks amazing in hand.  They've kept the clouds in on this one so should be as nice as the first two.

2016-11-23 14.37.19.jpg

Hi, I just bought one of each. Buying more medals than coins recently. Trying to find space for the boxes.

Thanks again Numistacker.

Deputydog.

Save some for me )) I know you like to buy in bulk ))

Archived