• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

1 hour ago, airmac said:

I don't know. I can't see any surpassing the one you sent me for Christmas  😁

cos then I need to proof to him why handmade wooden camphor box is better than a plastic box 

I am lazy 

Edited by fehk2001

43 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

cos then I need to proof to him why handmade wooden camphor box is better than a plastic box 

I am lazy 

If this is the box that was in the Xmas raffle I really wanted that prize! If I was displaying my coins then I'd prefer a nicer box but they are in the plastic ones, still in the box they came in tucked away and rarely seen. Would be a waste to use a box like that for my storage solution . 

Back on topic, I think I spotted 3 piles of coins that contain some of mine... damn I grade too much. 

14 hours ago, Seasider said:

I don't think they repair physical damage if that's what you had in mind.

Yeah I don’t mean to get it repair, from what I’ve read the parts of machine worn down and break off and can make the coins crack, but I’ve only collected sovereigns for about two years and wasn’t sure if this one just worth scrap or maybe a bit more I did email ngc and showed a picture and emailed backed saying for it to be a error they have to see it but wasn’t sure if it’s worth the money to send as wouldn’t know if it add value if graded why asked here 😄

On 15/01/2019 at 01:16, Ojay45 said:

I have a 1979 sovereign with a crack through the number 9, would this be worth sending in to be graded ? B7AD7303-5172-4240-9D8D-1A28BF461C99.thumb.jpeg.3f413fe7afce571183c57ab974b85efd.jpeg08F1BA89-BA43-49F8-8B2B-60D37D2B9E33.thumb.jpeg.30ce3bff1d76d9624530382ff4fe3133.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ojay45 said:

Yeah I don’t mean to get it repair, from what I’ve read the parts of machine worn down and break off and can make the coins crack, but I’ve only collected sovereigns for about two years and wasn’t sure if this one just worth scrap or maybe a bit more I did email ngc and showed a picture and emailed backed saying for it to be a error they have to see it but wasn’t sure if it’s worth the money to send as wouldn’t know if it add value if graded why asked here 😄

Its not parts of the machine, its part of the die that has cracked and metal flows into that part causing a raised line, it's a bullion coin and definitely not an error 

10 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

I would like to send some coins for grading but I have never done it before, could someone please tell me how to submit my coins ? 

If you contact @Numistacker he'll send you a PDF that has all the details in, but in short you package them up, send them to him and he does all the hard work for you, resulting in some lovely slabbed coins in a month or so :) You dont send any of the boxes or paperwork, just the coins in either capsules or flips.

11 minutes ago, andrewmcmann said:

Have you managed to locate my 2002 proof sovereign my2018 India sovereign and my2017 silver Sixpence also have you had any joy in finding the box for my platinum wedding anniversary sovereign

I replied to this in PM already bu the answer is that the india sovereigns will be in the next box over and the silver 6p is possibly here from before december or possibly in a box coming over i need to check. Just to explain a little. Because the contents of these boxes are valuable, I have to divide return boxes so that not too much is in a box. Each box costs almost £300 in FEDEX charges to come back from the USA.  So though some coins may be ready to come back or even have had results available it does not make economic sense to bring to many small boxes over - of course if you guys want to double up on postage I can bring over more boxes ))

56 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I replied to this in PM already bu the answer is that the india sovereigns will be in the next box over and the silver 6p is possibly here from before december or possibly in a box coming over i need to check. Just to explain a little. Because the contents of these boxes are valuable, I have to divide return boxes so that not too much is in a box. Each box costs almost £300 in FEDEX charges to come back from the USA.  So though some coins may be ready to come back or even have had results available it does not make economic sense to bring to many small boxes over - of course if you guys want to double up on postage I can bring over more boxes ))

What’s the insurance coverage should a box go AWOL from fedex?

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Darn.  I got all excited when I saw the packaging in the recent unboxing video.

Me too, but i think it helps a lot that Numi explained about why its not all the coins coming back in 1 go. I like others assumed that was everything, didnt cross my mind about the costs and insurance and having to split the boxes up. Makes a lot more sense now I know that :)