• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

@Numistacker, I used to submit my coins to NGC via Heritage as they offered free insured shipping. Heritage no longer offer a grading service since NGC's UK opened but I'm not a member of NGC. Since you became an authorised NGC dealer, do you offer free insured shipping on coins being sent for grading?

9 minutes ago, HeavyT said:

@Numistacker, I used to submit my coins to NGC via Heritage as they offered free insured shipping. Heritage no longer offer a grading service since NGC's UK opened but I'm not a member of NGC. Since you became an authorised NGC dealer, do you offer free insured shipping on coins being sent for grading?

Happy to help you get your coins graded. Heritage stopped offering the service partly because it was a money loser for them. Shipping and insurance proved so costly that unless the overall volume was massive it made no sense.

Now that NGC have officially opened in the UK I offer two levels of service:

1. Grading via NGC USA with insurance for the return journey only charged at $.95 per hundred dollars.

2.  Grading with NGC UK with inclusive shipping and insurance both ways but charged at published NGC UK rates.

If you have items that are  sensitive or particularly valuable than you may have greater peace of mind through the NGC UK service that I provide .

Thanks. Option 1 sounds like it would be cheaper overall but it doesn't actually cover for sending to the US, only the return is insured so not sure about taking the risk. Is option 2 significantly more expensive, is there a link somewhere listing their prices,, can't find anything on their website.

Regarding sending the coins to you, is it possible to drop them off in person as I work in London and assume you're London-based?

Having looked at the pricing for NGC UK my personal conclusion is that it is only worthwhile if you All of the prices charged by NGC UK are exclusive of VAT which is charged at 20% and also significantly more expensive overall particularly for NCS conservation fees and tier fees. 

Having looked at the pricing for NGC UK my personal conclusion is that it is only worthwhile if  you have something very rare and special which benefits from full insurance both ways.  Having said that, I taking the decision to offer both alternatives as part of the grading service.

Edited by Numistacker

2 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

All of the prices charged by NGC UK are exclusive of VAT

Now that is one confusing area.  The leaflet of fees I picked up at Coinex says on one side (for NGC) that fees include VAT and on the other side (for NCS) that they exclude VAT.  I am not sure even they know what they do.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Now that is one confusing area.  The leaflet of fees I picked up at Coinex says on one side (for NGC) that fees include VAT and on the other side (for NCS) that they exclude VAT.  I am not sure even they know what they do.

https://www.ngccoin.uk/legal/vat-collection/

Numi not just for me but might help other's to but if say im after grading say a 2018piedfort  sovereign worth about £700 and just 1 proof sovereign so total about £1000 and less then 3 coins would i be better off with uk risk wise or just go with usa. I dont think ive ever heard of any missing post via usa. i kind of understand that others might be worried about risk and insurance thanks just trying to get an idea of price difference using both options 

4 minutes ago, Goldmick said:

Numi not just for me but might help other's to but if say im after grading say a 2018piedfort  sovereign worth about £700 and just 1 proof sovereign so total about £1000 and less then 3 coins would i be better off with uk risk wise or just go with usa. I dont think ive ever heard of any missing post via usa. i kind of understand that others might be worried about risk and insurance thanks just trying to get an idea of price difference using both options 

Nobody can advise you of the risk that you should take. Risk is something very personal to every collector. I choose to except the risk of sending mail to the USA via international tracked and signed which arrives in the USA as registered mail.

It will always be cheaper to send via NGC USA than UK and I sense that it could be about 30% more to send via UK but this may be worthwhile for some valuable (£1500 plus per coin kind of level) Submissions.

I did look at the NGC UK option, but it really does depend on what you are grading.  Unless I have missed something, it doesn’t seem like gold sovereigns are included in the modern tier like they are for NGC US, and putting them into the Gold NGC UK tier makes it look very expensive compared to putting them through Numi’s service.  

Does anyone else play the NGC Census Guessing Game? I note down what the census says before I submit and then look to see if the numbers have changed (and by how much) at a later date before the results are out. Risky as I've seen some of the same coins I've submitted returned on Numi's vids that are not mine so could set you up for disappointment if its not yours that's graded, or you get the lower of the 2 for example, but i just wanna know :D 

35 minutes ago, terakris said:

Does anyone else play the NGC Census Guessing Game? I note down what the census says before I submit and then look to see if the numbers have changed (and by how much) at a later date before the results are out. Risky as I've seen some of the same coins I've submitted returned on Numi's vids that are not mine...

You are aware that we via Numi are not the only submitters but yes, doing the same. Always safe to assume that the lowest graded coins are yours and then possibly get pleasantly surprised. Or grade rare coins and be fairly sure: submitted the 2019 gold proof Kiwi and there is now one in the census as PF70 UC...

41 minutes ago, terakris said:

Does anyone else play the NGC Census Guessing Game? I note down what the census says before I submit and then look to see if the numbers have changed (and by how much) at a later date before the results are out. Risky as I've seen some of the same coins I've submitted returned on Numi's vids that are not mine so could set you up for disappointment if its not yours that's graded, or you get the lower of the 2 for example, but i just wanna know :D 

OH LORDY!!!! - No, its stressful enough without trying to guess what’s happening!

3 minutes ago, augur said:

You are aware that we via Numi are not the only submitters but yes, doing the same. Always safe to assume that the lowest graded coins are yours and then possibly get pleasantly surprised. Or grade rare coins and be fairly sure: submitted the 2019 gold proof Kiwi and there is now one in the census as PF70 UC...

So tempted to say that I submitted a 2019 gold proof kiwi too...😂

India Sovereigns have arrived and have now been sent to NGC for grading. What a lovely sight

D8453CA1-574B-4336-A197-178A0AFF922E.thumb.jpeg.ae3b0921b0a4cd154f2fe607968b1bcb.jpeg

I will be processing grading invoices over the next couple of days and should have these will you by the weekend.

if you have Coins in for grading and you do not receive an invoice please let me know.

I will be requesting a coin return from NGC next Monday so will have more results for you next week.

On 08/10/2018 at 21:08, Numistacker said:

COIN LIST FOR INVOICE 4706087

@andrewmcmann

LINE ITEM YEAR MINT MARK VARIETY DENOM. GRADE COMMENTS NCS LINE ITEM
001 2017 G.BRITAIN PISTRUCCI SOVEREIGN 200TH ANNIVERSARY 5SOV EVALUATED-LEAVE IN HOLDER/NO   4706087001
002 2017 G.BRITAIN PISTRUCCI SOVEREIGN 200TH ANNIVERSARY 1SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO   4706087002
003 2017 G.BRITAIN PISTRUCCI SOVEREIGN 200TH ANNIVERSARY 2SOV PF 68 ULTRA CAMEO   4706087003

The sovereign went to 70 on conservation... i am not sure if the 5 sov has been reholdered from the above...

Thank you for the grading and the uplift on the full sovereign, has the five sovereign label being changed to match the rest? and has the 5 sovereign grade stayed the same?

9 hours ago, andrewmcmann said:

Thank you for the grading and the uplift on the full sovereign, has the five sovereign label being changed to match the rest? and has the 5 sovereign grade stayed the same?

Until its released and I see the pics I wont know for sure.

Added 0 minutes later...

FINAL GRADING DEADLINE FOR this year will be 5th December to allow a little time for processing and admin.

Some results )) finally but due to holidays probably not back in the UK till January...

COIN LIST FOR INVOICE 4708677

001 1988 G.BRITAIN   1SOV PF 68 ULTRA CAMEO   @creative

1968430070_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_42_33.thumb.png.782d2ce5689643303b266db81e964d88.png

COIN LIST FOR INVOICE 4708669

LINE ITEM YEAR MINT MARK VARIETY DENOM. GRADE COMMENTS COMMENT          
001 1991 FRANCE NAPOLEON III 10 FRANCS G10F PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO   @DirtuOvidiu
002 2010 FRANCE NEW FRANC 50TH ANNIVERSARY G100E PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO   @DirtuOvidiu
003 2005 G.BRITAIN   1SOV PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO   @h103efa
004 2003 G.BRITAIN   1SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO   @Numistacker
005 2004 G.BRITAIN   1SOV PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO   @Numistacker
006 2005 G.BRITAIN   1SOV PF 66 ULTRA CAMEO   @gazer

2007354023_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_44_38.thumb.png.126f8b8170e6610f1ab9f0fafe87b85a.png

1970622877_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_45_25.thumb.png.0ad1867e28ff784374078a2fdbfa3538.png

COIN LIST FOR INVOICE 4711651

001 2019 Rwanda Year of the Pig S50F PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO   @HyHy
002 2019 Rwanda Year of the Pig S50F PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
003 2019 Rwanda Year of the Pig S50F PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
004 2019 Rwanda Year of the Pig S50F PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO    
005 2019 Rwanda Year of the Pig S50F PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
006 2018 Rwanda HMS Endeavour S50F PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
007 2018 G.Britain Paddington 60th Anniv. At Buckingham Palace S50P PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO   @Swatrfc
008 1967BP HUNGARY ZOLTAN KODALY 25FOR MS 68    
009 1967B SWITZERLND   2F MS 66    
010 1967 ISRAEL VICTORY S10L MS 67   @Gildeon
011 1967BP HUNGARY ZOLTAN KODALY S50F MS 67    
012 1967 FRANCE   5F MS 64    
013 2018 G.Britain K - King Arthur S10P PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
014 1988 G.BRITAIN ROYAL SHIELD S1PND PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO    
015 2018P Australia Dragon & Phoenix S$1 PF 70 ULTRA CAMEO   @terakris
016 2014 TOKELAU KAKAHI YELLOWFIN TUNA 2015 DATED S$5 MS 69   @Tritoon01
017 2014 TOKELAU KAKAHI YELLOWFIN TUNA 2015 DATED S$5 MS 68    

792481763_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_47_15.thumb.png.433a96259a217fbe351efc969e1cd6fe.png

1451905310_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_48_27.thumb.png.ddda5d57a914d15e6eee8060198513f3.png

960307544_ScreenShot2018-12-10at21_49_14.thumb.png.952c04b617f0e6395caa7d712537794a.png