• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

So looks like my paddington gold did Indeed get a 69uc which I'm happy with but my silver got a 68 which is a bit disappointing. So whoever else put in the silver paddington got 69.

34 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Way to many cleaned coins getting through... must get better at picking them out..

res10003.thumb.jpg.fc9226e76c1c4a76c363cbf4d139714b.jpg

That would be my fault. But to be honest, with so many coins very different coins from so many different countries, it wasn't easy to make out.

Quite a few were calling out cleaned coins on YouTube and with the remarks on the invoice I have a rough idea. Luckily the coins in question weren't overly expensive and it has been a good learning experience. 

Having said that, some coins have achieved amazing grades e.g. the Nepal Mohar or Serbian Two Denar with the second highest grade and only one coin graded higher.

IMG_8288.thumb.PNG.916b3078e4bc62fc6a5ff71bb8cee862.PNG

IMG_8289.thumb.PNG.94ee7cde361c9e4fc112f506f192ad54.PNG

3 minutes ago, augur said:

That would be my fault. But to be honest, with so many coins very different coins from so many different countries, it wasn't easy to make out.

Quite a few were calling out cleaned coins on YouTube and with the remarks on the invoice I have a rough idea. Luckily the coins in question weren't overly expensive and it has been a good learning experience. 

Having said that, some coins have achieved amazing grades e.g. the Nepal Mohar or Serbian Two Denar with the second highest grade and only one coin graded higher.

IMG_8288.thumb.PNG.916b3078e4bc62fc6a5ff71bb8cee862.PNG

IMG_8289.thumb.PNG.94ee7cde361c9e4fc112f506f192ad54.PNG

I think the Mohur did very well in particular. 

5 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I think the Mohur did very well in particular. 

I just hope my gold coins do better. The Newfoundland Dollar would be my candidate in question because of the mark, we shall see. 

Hi guys hope your all well I wanted to inform you about the coin cabinet auction that is coming up soon and as I work there we have had 6 auctions at the moment and we are online so more buyers. I was wondering if there is any coins you guys want to sell. I can put them in the auction for you we auction British and foreign coins but like the coins to be high value like a couple of hundred and graded stuff is always good. we mainly focus on pre decimal but also sell proof modern sovereign, proof Britannia’s ect well anything is welcome. if you consign multiple things I can give you a better commission rate and I will also be putting some of my coins in the auction if you want any further details feel free to PM me thanks 

Tyler Sirhan 

DD08C289-9961-4E12-BC7E-C6B0B5C574F7.jpeg

I am expecting heritage to invoice me today and I will then let anybody who has coins at heritage know the cost today as well. 

At the moment I have made a provisional arrangement to pick up coins up from heritage around August 8 to the 9th.

The plan is to video the unboxings and then distribute them back to you guys before 14 August.

There is lots of activity at the moment and tons of new coins are in the process of being delivered to NGC relating to the July grading.

F317D1A2-6100-4D6E-8D21-9B471B51A584.thumb.jpeg.c9ab7dcfe52bab6b904f49c41293bd30.jpeg

I had submitted a couple of coins through Heritage at the London Coin Fair and picked them up yesterday.  One was a 1911C Sovereign which joined the list of fakes - none your namby pamby Questionable Authenticity stuff but an honest to goodness NOT GENUINE.

I also had something which may be unique a PF61 on an Australian Sovereign.  There were marks in the fields which I had hoped might be conservable but it seems NGC did  not agree.  Still being unique must make it more valuable? No?

Edited by Seasider
omitted not

Grading Update ?

Everything submitted for July has now been received at NGC or is on the way to NGC from the USA registered post and should arrive today .

If there are any last minute submissions this week then please send them to the usual address and I will take them to ANA in Philadelphia and hand them to NGC for grading. Final deadline for this is 12th August.

@Numistacker 

I had my coins back from grading. I had a really bad problem. i sent them in mint packaging, but I forgot to check the box to send them back. I called the next day after I sent them and the lady said not to worry they would charge my Visa and send the packaging back. Now today I called after getting the slabbed coins and this lady looked up my order and said since I didn't check the box that Receiving probably threw away my Mint materials. This is really bad because without that stuff the coins are worth so much less. I would think NGC would know enough to save Mint packaging, I mean boxes and COA. I sent them in to prove some of the coins were silver. The lady said she'll check so maybe tomorrow. But when she called today she said still looking :,
This order was sent by me not you so everyone understands. It's just sad that the Receiving people would be so careless and thoughtless. Don't they have a clue about the value of Mint packaging? 

Edited by JohnA