• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

How do you, and then NGC know which coin is which... and by that i mean say the SOTD, you may get 10 or so of these, so do they all have individual numbers passed to NGC who then log the results for that coin against your unique number, so you know whos is actually whos?

8 minutes ago, terakris said:

they all have individual numbers passed to NGC who then log the results for that coin against your unique number

i think you just answered your question 

Each coin has a label which says 

Label Required

first Early release

photo

owner

ncs or just grading

scratch resistant

I saw them into tiers when they are submitted and I number them on a schedule and on the coin so that each coin can be referenced to its owner and its position on the schedule which in turn becomes the NGC invoice number and certificate number for the coin.

The Greek you were asking about is roughly Konstantinos AnnaMaria Basileioton Ellinon.  Some of the os are short (omicron) and some long (omega) but essentially it is Constantine and Anne Marie Greek Royalty or possibly of the Kingdom of Greece. I may have that wrong but Basileus is Greek for King and  Ellinon means of the Hellenes.

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

The Greek you were asking about is roughly Konstantinos AnnaMaria Basileioton Ellinon.  Some of the os are short (omicron) and some long (omega) but essentially it is Constantine and Anne Marie Greek Royalty or possibly of the Kingdom of Greece. I may have that wrong but Basileus is Greek for King and  Ellinon means of the Hellenes.

You have it right. ?

The largest one is for the 100 years of the royal dynasty (1863-1963), with all the kings up to that year. The smaller one (1964) is for the wedding of the Prince (and later king) Constantine II with Anne Marie of Denmark that year.

Both are .835 silver.

On 17/06/2018 at 13:32, Numistacker said:

I was in two minds about sending in the Santa Maria. There is a very tiny visible nick in the plain field on the front of the coin & I think if it achieves an ms69 it will be a good result! At least the sails haven’t suffered from the rubbing on the capsule like some of the others I’ve seen. Here’s praying!

4 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

NCS conservation 

4B341C76-88E3-4921-BA67-6969BB0FF112.thumb.jpeg.511ff83d36b1f4eed5deaeb9fa1d3706.jpeg

Original holder from Baldwin’s auction and after conservation. Same grade but much nicer looking coin probably also with a higher sale value.

You wait until crown finds out... ?

11 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

NCS conservation 

4B341C76-88E3-4921-BA67-6969BB0FF112.thumb.jpeg.511ff83d36b1f4eed5deaeb9fa1d3706.jpeg

Original holder from Baldwin’s auction and after conservation. Same grade but much nicer looking coin probably also with a higher sale value.

Maybe it’s a trick of the light, but seems to have hairlines in the fields. NGC make me chuckle, they seem a tad inconsistent. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lovely coin?

2 minutes ago, Sovsaver said:

Maybe it’s a trick of the light, but seems to have hairlines in the fields. NGC make me chuckle, they seem a tad inconsistent. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lovely coin?

They all have hairlines in the fields from the material that was used in the presentation cases. NGC take this into account but it does not detract from numerical grading at all. 

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

They all have hairlines in the fields from the material that was used in the presentation cases. NGC take this into account but it does not detract from numerical grading at all. 

Including my PCGS 1902 Matte Proof half they declined to cross for, you got it, hairlines?

5 minutes ago, Sovsaver said:

Including my PCGS 1902 Matte Proof half they declined to cross for, you got it, hairlines?

Don't forget NCS offers grade protection for NGC-holdered coins

4 minutes ago, Sovsaver said:

The Matte proofs are different as historically many were "wiped" causing the hairlines and so thats why they generally grade very low and 62 is a great grade for them. The shiny proofs all have these tiny hairlines that dont make them details but if they have fewer lines they get better grades... I sent a raw 1/2 sov pf 1887 in and that got 62 UC but had slightly more hairlines and less frosting.