• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Numistacker

NGC Grading Submissions Open

10 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Three more for this weekend ))

Awesome... Shall keep my eyes peeled. After watching your videos my interest has opened to coins other than the UK / Commonwealth. 

Seems that many more coins are being submitted to NCS for conservation because they do a great job. Sometimes this causes delays and I guess I am contributing to those delays.

I decided to pull together four conservation tiers in the first box and send these today registered post.

IMG_4779.thumb.JPG.79a32c72c39aeb5a913fde7a05310bce.JPG

I extended a little bit the deadline to allow the new sovereigns to be sent so the next box to go will be in about a week.

So all but the last package is off over the pond..

Due to the value of this lot I decided to break it down into 7 packages with 3 carriers...

Keeping one for laggards this week as some Piedforts are arriving and then the final NCS/NGC box will go over.

When the BU Sovs arrive will send a final final box

Just now, Numistacker said:

It looks like NCS is the bottleneck again. I can see many things are ready to release but the conservation is the hold up. Expect to have to wait a bit longer.

Just as an idea, wouldn't making 2 separate submissions speed things along, 1 for people who want coins conserved and 1 just for grading only?

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Just as an idea, wouldn't making 2 separate submissions speed things along, 1 for people who want coins conserved and 1 just for grading only?

Good suggestion, if enough coins require conservation to warrant a separate submission.

Yes and No. in June I sent NCS 4 submissions separately with instructions to consolidate and return at the same time.

The gold tier clears in 5 working days normally.

Value takes 20 days

Modern takes 12 days

This time they sent all the fast may grading with the remainder of the slow grading.

It's possible some June grading will finish before finalizing may!

I am just happy if they all get here safely to be honest. I need to make sure they are sending enough coins to maximize the efficiency of postage.. also they pick coins from a modern submission to conserve. They then pop them to NCS and that takes 15 days... meanwhile the 80 coins in the tier are finished and can't be sent back without waiting for the conservation.

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

I am just happy if they all get here safely to be honest. I need to make sure they are sending enough coins to maximize the efficiency of postage...

So are we. Many thanks for the great job you are doing!

I guess it's not an easy one. As some coins get suggested for NCS, waiting for a NCS submission to fill might not prevent a holdup of regular submissions. 

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

Yes and No. in June I sent NCS 4 submissions separately with instructions to consolidate and return at the same time.

The gold tier clears in 5 working days normally.

Value takes 20 days

Modern takes 12 days

This time they sent all the fast may grading with the remainder of the slow grading.

It's possible some June grading will finish before finalizing may!

I am just happy if they all get here safely to be honest. I need to make sure they are sending enough coins to maximize the efficiency of postage.. also they pick coins from a modern submission to conserve. They then pop them to NCS and that takes 15 days... meanwhile the 80 coins in the tier are finished and can't be sent back without waiting for the conservation.

1 hour ago, augur said:

So are we. Many thanks for the great job you are doing!

I guess it's not an easy one. As some coins get suggested for NCS, waiting for a NCS submission to fill might not prevent a holdup of regular submissions. 

It is what it is mate, you put a huge amount of effort into this to to help the rest of us out and it's much appreciated.

For me, whilst it would be great if everything came back asap it's no big deal if there's a hold up at NGC. 

I've got a couple more coins I'd like done including my first Chinese medal (when it arrives) but I'll trickle them in gradually.

Again, thanks Numistacker.

Any news on how my Beatrix Potter friends have done ?

Here is where we are

IMG_4952.PNG

As you can see the ones that say scheduled are awaiting NCS. The ones that say Quality Control are finished but we don't know the results yet.

About 142 coins waiting to be released

18 hours ago, Numistacker said:

@silvertanner

Always makes the coins look good!

Some of these are very rare so the actual grades do not really matter much - just protecting the coin and making them official, I think the Ceylon mule coin (proof obverse and ordinary circulation strike on the reverse) is a completely new discovery as there were no proofs recorded for that date. Even some of the sixpences NGC have never seen so it will be interesting to see how they cope although one of the more common sixpences was previously slabbed by NGC as MS64 so any bets on it coming back the same:lol:

31 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

Always makes the coins look good!

Some of these are very rare so the actual grades do not really matter much - just protecting the coin and making them official, I think the Ceylon mule coin (proof obverse and ordinary circulation strike on the reverse) is a completely new discovery as there were no proofs recorded for that date. Even some of the sixpences NGC have never seen so it will be interesting to see how they cope although one of the more common sixpences was previously slabbed by NGC as MS64 so any bets on it coming back the same:lol:

Interesting to see that someone is cross grading the PCGS slab. I thought @Numistacker said that NGC weren't any longer cross slabbing, this would then cost the submitter his money but not getting anything out of it?

Also not entirely sure you are correct about covering the slab number to grade it as they won't grade through a slab but through a normal mylar flip.

Edited by shortstack68

Interesting to see that someone is cross grading the PCGS slab. I thought [mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] said that NGC weren't any longer cross slabbing, this would then cost the submitter his money but not getting anything out of it?
Also not entirely sure you are correct about covering the slab number to grade it as they won't grade through a slab but through a normal mylar flip.

NCC are happy to cross Grade. They place a thin plastic cover over the PCCS slab and a white label covers the top so the PCGS Grade is not visible. This is then blindly assessed.

Instructions can be:

Cross at any grade
Cross at same or higher
Cross at higher only

14 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

NCC are happy to cross Grade. They place a thin plastic cover over the PCCS slab and a white label covers the top so the PCGS Grade is not visible. This is then blindly assessed.

Instructions can be:

Cross at any grade
Cross at same or higher
Cross at higher only

My reason for crossing the Napoleonic coin from PCGS to NGC is that all my other Napoleonic coins are NGC and I would like the set to match - although it does consist of the range of NGC holders that have been used over the years and so far I have resisted putting them all in the same type of NGC holder:lol: When I sell them it will probably be through Heritage and if I can complete the typeset to the level I would like Heritage/NGC may re-holder the whole lot with a collection label (lottery win coupled with wishful thinking!). If it doesn't grade the same or higher it will stay in the PCGS slab. The main issue is that there are so few graded examples for some denominations that you need a mix of PCGS/NGC and submitted raw coins to complete the set.

22 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Instructions can be:

Cross at any grade
Cross at same or higher
Cross at higher only

So, i thought you'd sent one in for cross grading but they wouldn't do it due to their little tiff about the 1912 coins?

We seem to now be getting to the final Sovereigns and a few others also came in. About 8 Piedforts and 6 Strike on the day went out yesterday and Next batch will go out the door Thursday.

Unlisted video only for you

Some of you may see your coins ready to go.

Lots of Strike on the Day

I have built a special spreadsheet that allows me to process these a little quicker and do all the right labeling, releases, holder etc.. it's fairly mind numbing/blowing.

80% of July Grading arrived NGC one straggler going through Tampa. Yesterday's at Heathrow and one via DPD!! Stuck at USA customs .. getting NGC's assistance to move it on..