• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

hoping for a 50% return in a year

not the most obvious of investments but just a heads up for people that like to speculate pretty much risk free imo

little mix tickets for next years tour went on sale this morning and are selling out fast , should make a decent return on them . guaranteed at least your cash back as  will always at least get face value back on them. 

if you have a barclaycard book some for the birmingham date at the genting arena and you dont pay any fees if you book through the barclaycard entertainment site

https://www.theticketfactory.com/barclaycardentertainment/online/

In the mean time actual fans can't get tickets and get ripped off by touts.

Sorry but I despise all touts in whatever shape or form. (Have had many an argument outside Chelsea's ground with the scum).

The sooner the bill is passed to make it illegal to sell tickets for above face value the better. (There is an amendment being added to a bill going through parliament as we speak to curb touting)

34 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Sorry but I despise all touts in whatever shape or form. (Have had many an argument outside Chelsea's ground with the scum).

The sooner the bill is passed to make it illegal to sell tickets for above face value the better. (There is an amendment being added to a bill going through parliament as we speak to curb touting)

Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you really think! :P 

People will always find a hustle though... I have less problems with individual touts who take a risk and buy tickets early, but I also despise the companies who use algorithms to buy hundreds of tickets in mere seconds.

1 hour ago, PureGold said:

Unfortunately flipping for a profit happens on a lot of things these days I'll be going for a few Nintendo classics when they get released to do the same 

Flipping goods is one thing, it's almost impossible to prevent this.

However, the technology exists to make sure that only fans who want to attend concerts get to buy the tickets and that only they actually attend.

It's laughable the method that Ticketmaster employs to prevent "robots" from buying all the tickets for high profile gigs. As @Clens92 says, the pro touts get to buy most of the tickets and the true fans suffer.

It's actually in the interests of the promoters to get fans into the habit of paying exhorbitant prices for the general tickets so they can continue to put together special packages at even bigger prices. It's a continuous brainwashing and fleecing process.

As for the "corporate" packages and tickets sales to the chosen few; another system to wring even more out of the fans.

Not long ago I tried to get tickets for the final Black Sabbath gig at the Genting. Two pre-sales; no joy despite trying at exactly kick-off time. The main sale on the Friday at 9 AM - I was logged on ready on 3 computers and searched for tickets instantly they were live. Within a second or two, there were no tickets available! Every last ticket was allocated in someone's or some robot's basket ready for checkout.

Luckily I didn't give up and kept re-loading for over half an hour and finally came up with 2 tickets that someone had released.:)

They are probably the worst seats in the house, out the back near the toilets probably with a bank of speakers in the way, but hey, I'll be there:lol:

This is probably an extreme example but I have suffered similar problems for other gigs for even arenas bigger than the Genting.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

4 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Completely agree mate , I have missed out on many a gig because of the same,  so bugger it if you can't beat them join them .

The reason why we can't get tickets is only slightly down to small time touts . The actual agencies only put a tiny fraction of tickets on general sale they effectively tout them themselves. Ticketmaster this morning had a thing called platinum pricing which makes it sound like they are better quality seats but it's actually "market driven pricing" they were selling 30 quid tickets for 120 quid ! That's the official ticket seller !

When they say tickets to gigs have sold out in seven seconds that's because only a couple of hundred have actually gone on sale , the agency holds back all the good seats to resell on their own reselling sites . The bands and promoters are complicit in all this they know this goes on and actually sign deals to play places that they know can't be covered by filling it with 20 quid tickets . Ithey don't want it known that the tickets are actually 120 quid so stick a small face value on them knowing Ticketmaster etc are going to charge way over that.

The whole thing is wrong and a complete scam and I completely agree and does need looking at but the truth of the matter is if it was against the law to sell tickets for above face value then you still won't get tickets for reasonable money . The bigger bands promoters and venues will just raise the face value to the true price.

They do not want true fans buying at 30 quid and actually attending . they want the few face value tickets they sell to be resold on there sites so can earn another commission off both the seller and buyer on the resale market and it was also proven that Ticketmaster etc actually even then in some cases buy the tickets back themselves and then mark them up and sell them on again for even more profit.

yes it could be said I'm part of the problem but bugger it , why not me ?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived