• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Business Sellers

@ChrisSilver @morezone @HelpingHands

Apologies for this new thread in the trading area but had no idea where was best to put it. Please move or delete as you please.

Having seen Chris's sticky in this section about the new business seller licensing policy, I was wondering if there is or is going to be a list of accredited business sellers?

:)

Thanks

SS

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Founder & Administrator

I can add a list of members who are business sellers in the sticky thread.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

I was wondering if there is or is going to be a list of accredited business sellers?

Added here: 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...

@ChrisSilver

How would you enforce this?  
You have no means to know whether the forum members are trading in the background via email.
What sanctions / punishment (if any) will you use for those you find breaking these license rules.
.... and finally, you will potentially p*ss off your longest standing forum members who obviously trade a lot via the forum, and many have not upgraded to a 'Gold Membership'.  

Cheers

On 1 November 2016 at 11:54, SilverSniper said:

@ChrisSilver

How would you enforce this?  
You have no means to know whether the forum members are trading in the background via email.
What sanctions / punishment (if any) will you use for those you find breaking these license rules.
.... and finally, you will potentially p*ss off your longest standing forum members who obviously trade a lot via the forum, and many have not upgraded to a 'Gold Membership'.  

Cheers

But you already have gold membership. :)

Any listings from obvious business sellers will be removed. At the discretion of forum moderators and administrators, temporary or permenany bans, or forum restrictions can be utilised.

My intention is not to annoy any business sellers / commercial dealers, but if these members are using the trade forums for the purposes of making a profit then they should contribute to the running costs of the site. It is also only fair as the Official Sponsors are also contributing, and they don't want to see other business sellers using the forum for free.

Those who are business sellers and wish to advertise their website in their signature can do so buy purchasing premium membership, and those business sellers who also wish to be able to post items for sale publicly in the sales forum can do so with gold premium membership.

Just to clarify that private individuals who trade a lot via the forum do not need a licence to trade, although many of the regular members who trade on the forum are premium members.

There is a bit of a grey where an individual might actually be 'operating as a business' in the sense that they are buying a quantity of items with the deliberate intention to flip for a profit. Those individuals who we believe are 'operating as a business' may be asked to support the forum with a purchase of Gold Premium Membership.

Discounts / Offers

• 4 months later...

After a slow start, I notice there seems to have been a sudden increase in yellow names on the forum.

I must confess, though, I find the term "Gold Member" a little disconcerting, it keeps reminding me of Austin Powers.:P

Any chance of finding a better name?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

After a slow start, I notice there seems to have been a sudden increase in yellow names on the forum.
I must confess, though, I find the term "Gold Member" a little disconcerting, it keeps reminding me of Austin Powers.[emoji14]
Any chance of finding a better name?

Also to note that not all gold members are business sellers. Some are just members who wished to purchase gold for whatever reason, and we thank these members for their support.

I think Gold Premium Membership works well as a name, especially as it's a precious metals forum. What name would you prefer, just out of curiosity?

Discounts / Offers

17 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

Also to note that not all gold members are business sellers. Some are just members who wished to purchase gold for whatever reason, and we thank these members for their support.

That's me, I didn't buy 'Gold Membership' to sell commercially here .... I've not sold a thing via the forum even though I have a small PM business.

Archived