• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Think I might have lucked on the new 2017 Britannia bullion coin

AgAuNEWS

Yes, the radiating pattern field. The privy is irrelevant, just the reason these images came out from the mint. Those are actual coin images, so not an artists take. I tried to extract a full view from that image and you can see the difference.

It does look odd. Probably done it because it shares the obverse with the lunar. Hopefully they will put the starburst on the obverse as well next year. As the date is carried on the reverse face, they don't need to change the obverse often, so likely done for cost reasons.

If you stacked that coin heads up on top of the rest then the privy would be the opposite way round to the rest?

It could be a photo shop of real coin images.

Tail on Privy from 4th coin down in the stack is missing in area obscured by coin but all are perfectly aligned?

I had a good look at the original file. I think the coin image is a genuine one, but the privy mark has been photoshopped in. It could actually be that this is the image for the 2017 Britannia and they just modded it for the A-Mark lunar privy variant.

It has 2 strange dots within the merlons near the base. The crenelation alters rather a lot for the angle of the coin.

The reflection on the second coin is just photo shopped but the reflection on the first coin looks like the I and the L from silver. (Which wouldn't be on both faces of the coin.)

The writing is a strange shade but its possible they are enhancing a genuine coin.

Yea you right, i forgot reflections go backward. I was looking for I then L rather than L then I. If that makes sense.

I think the full face has been superimposed though because the crenelation overlaps the rim at the base of the coin.

I think the size of the writing for the angle is off at either end of the coin as well. Still it could be the new design enhanced and superimposed at an unnatural angle.

the reflection is wrong.

it does read the reflected liza of elizabeth.

problem is it's incorrectly aligned. the coin leans

against the stack. it's rim is touching the stack

at the point of contact. the reflected shadow of

the word elizabeth would fall below the contact

point and near the point of contact is would be too

close to be reflected. the angles are completely

wrong.

HH

I think the reflection is fine to be honest. It's one of several images in a series including the Rooster coins, it's an official image and there are no signs of photoshopping outside of the privy mark. I thinks it's nothing more than the 2017 Britannia image with the privy marks put on, possibly because actual privy coins weren't ready but they wanted to launch with the lunars.

do you see how skewed and fuzzy the rim reflection is

as it approaches the contact point? notice then how

unskewed and sharp the backward 'L' is at the same

distance from the contact point?

my guess is the reflected letters are there to try and

give it integrity and therefore must be recognised and

readable.

coins are round the stack is also round, they rest at

a point of balance. the reflection is an imperfect cylinder

reflection not a flat mirror reflection?

the third coin from the top don't even have a reflection

yet coins 2 and 4 have reflections?

HH

Archived