• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Krugerrrand officially coming in silver next month

AgAuNEWS

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure why the link wasn't working. Have fixed the URL now so it works.

The gold coins are going to be 22ct? The picture of the gold ones shows 'Fine Gold'

Can you confirm if the proof gold coins will be 22ct opposed to fine gold (24ct)?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

11 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Thanks for sharing.

Not sure why the link wasn't working. Have fixed the URL now so it works.

The gold coins are going to be 22ct? The picture of the gold ones shows 'Fine Gold'

Can you confirm if the proof gold coins will be 22ct opposed to fine gold (24ct)?

My understanding is that they contain 1oz fine gold, but are not .999 pure. They are as you said 22ct

• Founder & Administrator
2 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

My understanding is that they contain 1oz fine gold, but are not .999 pure. They are as you said 22ct

Surely it is only fine gold if it is is .999 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

@ChrisSilver

I've a few of these Chris & BBP clearly explain fineness

Weight (grams): 33.93

Pure gold content (grams): 31.10348

Fineness: 916.7

Dimensions: 32.77mm Diameter x 2.84mm Thick

Krugerrands are the most popular gold bullion coin in the world and offer a great value way to invest in gold. Krugerrands are 22 carat gold, but weigh more than a troy ounce and therefore contain exactly 1 troy ounce of fine (24 carat) gold.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

2 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

Surely it is only fine gold if it is is .999 

There is 1 troy ounce of pure 999 gold content, but the coin itself weighs more than an ounce (it's 22ct).

I do understand what you mean.  If they sold sterling silver coins of more than an ounce, can they claim that they are 999 fine silver coins?

4 hours ago, breaktwister said:

Why so Steve?  Aesthetics?

Indeed.

The market doesn't need another bland silver bullion coin. This one is a naff design and finish, could almost have been produced by the RCM.

If it's the cheapest bullion on the market, it will sell, but that would be true if it were simply a plain disc of silver.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clens92 said:

Really disappointing - a mintage of 1m might be 'limited', but not limited enough to give it any value over bullion.  I'll wait until they start to milkspot and pick them up at scrap.

£35 for a bloody silver bullion coin.  Madness.

and it comes "loose with certificate of authenticity":D

they're taking the piss, been taking lessons from the RM

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

16 minutes ago, DazUKB said:

I was interested in a couple of these but at that price and mintage, no way will i be getting any now. it's hardly an eye catching design either.

I'm hoping that other dealers will have them slightly cheaper. EMK are great for collector coins, but tend to be more expensive than most for larger mintage bullion issues.

Either way, I'll now only be getting a single, rather than the tube or two I'd been planning on.

I was thinking it was going to be sold as bullion the same as the gold Krugerrand, I was under the impression the price point would be in line with other cheap bullion coins.  EMK might be just trying it on, I won't be buying it at those prices that's just taking the p-ss.  

Archived