• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Nanjing Mint Panda and Temple of Heaven

Deputydog

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mintage on the high relief Temple Panda: Bimetallic 199, brass 99 , Antique brass 69, silver 168, Antique silver 69

1ea042da74e83bd9d5e13177f49c2642.png

7fec1820a24036e266ddf6307c4121ae.png

31994945d70be4c5dd3524336c6a613f.png

06ed6c18581a51c440a291f1b209407e.png

Available from www.chinesemedals.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threads merged.

There are also some prototypes kicking about.  10 of each minted.  One being a bimetallic with compositions flipped to that of the one being released and the other being a fused ring type.  Here is a pic of the ringed one.

IMG_1043.JPG

Also, this medal design of the same as that of the silver note design but mirrored.  Pics of notes both front (3 varieties) and back (temple)

2016-07-11 11.10.56.jpg2016-07-11 11.13.53.jpg2016-07-11 11.17.24.jpg2016-07-11 11.11.15.jpg

39 minutes ago, morezone said:

Threads merged.

There are also some prototypes kicking about.  10 of each minted.  One being a bimetallic with compositions flipped to that of the one being released and the other being a fused ring type.  Here is a pic of the ringed one.

IMG_1043.JPG

Also, this medal design of the same as that of the silver note design but mirrored.  Pics of notes both front (3 varieties) and back (temple)

2016-07-11 11.10.56.jpg

Who told you this? 10 mintage wow now that's a coin worth getting...does look Photoshopped to me through

2 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Who told you this? 10 mintage wow now that's a coin worth getting...does look Photoshopped to me through

One of the dealers a little over a week ago.  They got hold of a little under half.  They are prototypes so they only produced a few and they will probably be ungradable since they won't come with COAs and isn't a public release.

Since they actually bothered producing prototypes, I think there is a good chance sometime in the future we will see bi-metallic in ring form just like the gold and silver bimetallic Pandas and 4th Expo medal.  That's assuming they don't have any issues with the minting and is/will be perfected.

2 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Without the coa there probably only worth the metal..in other words there copys of the originals right... although they are minted from the mint using there moulds..would even be hard to prove only 10 mintage without coa.

That's why they are not available for public sale.  There are many instances of prototypes with many products and they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  

There is no need to prove mintage since it isn't a public release.  No different to any other coin/medal without COA where there is supposed to be a set mintage.  How just accept that it is what they say it is.

No, they are not copies of the original since they come from the Mint and they were experiments from the same Sponsors/Mint/Machinery/Mould.

Looks like they will be bringing out a 3g gold with mintage of 118.  I don't think they will be able to retain the high relief unless it's wafer thin.  I would have preferred a high relief 8g but 3g is more affordable but the premium is higher.

Looks like they will be bringing out a 3g gold with mintage of 118.  I don't think they will be able to retain the high relief unless it's wafer thin.  I would have preferred a high relief 8g but 3g is more affordable but the premium is higher.

This will be the first gold proof from Nanjing Mint and the mintage is tiny. Judging by the success of the 4th Panda Expo this will be highly successful. 118 pieces!!

Out of interest are people contacting Andy Lee and asking to order coins as i cannot find anything on his site now. Perhaps they are all gone.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I haven't seen one yet but I think it's gonna be thin. Not sure if there are any available my guess is yes there are probably a few around still

3g pre-release has sold out.

Here is a preview of the proof brass and antique brass finish. I really like the antique brass.

4603f121db34a56bc2cedb7a3a704a83.jpg

af2c63032ab7b75bc3031a72e3bbe417.jpg

99c78d2c68f470a817e9f41fc84cf667.jpg

e83500678ec7954eb9d3b057d8e81b9f.jpg

I am assuming about 20 were sold pre-release. Generally there are some pre-released some kept by Mint some kept by sponsors for post release sales, some for grading etc.

So DD did well to score 3 )) lol no wonder nobody else can get them. I would have bought more but it's an expensive tine of year.

Archived