• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Abbots Silver

SurreySilver

Hi all,

Was going to put in a small order with Abbots Silver Coins and on checking the comments section on the site found that some orders are outstanding, I then checked on Facebook and under the visitors posts section it seems no phone or emails have been replied to and no orders have been sent out to customers,

I haven't contacted Abbots myself but dose anybody know whats happened here?

I have delt with David the owner many times and always found him very prompt at replying to orders and queries, he even replied when he was on holiday last year to ask if it was ok to wait until he returned or would I like an immediate refund.  A few people on here have picked orders up from his premises in the past so maybe they can shed some light on this.  This is very out of character and I am sure there is no intent to rip any one off.

I placed an order in July, after about a week I had not received the order. I emailed abbots and was told the goods would be sent that day.

A couple of days went buy and nothing.

So I telephoned,  he told me he was not sending orders due to a personal reason, that I don’t think I should repeated on a open forum. He said that the money would be refunded that day, a few days went buy and no refund.  I asked pay pal to step in and a refund was issued.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

I placed an order in July, after about a week I had not received the order. I emailed abbots and was told the goods would be sent that day.

So I telephoned,  he told me he was not sending orders due to a personal reason, that I don’t think I should repeated on a open forum. He said that the money would be refunded that day, a few days went buy and no refund.  I asked pay pal to step in and a refund was issued.

I had same experience , ordered Sunday night I didn't receive it til 6 days later 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Im very sorry to hear you guys have been let down by David/Abbots silver coins. As Someone in the trade customer service means the world to us. We are a small family run outfit. Even though were small and dont have the resources to hire people, I still manage to replay to messages and post items even though I work two jobs sometimes. I sell on Ebay, Facebook and my own website so it safe to say I dont get alot of sleep but this is the life we lead. Ive had orders on the website when Ive been on holiday and the moment I get them I message the customer to advise them on the situation. If they cant wait for there goods I give the a refund there and then. Im not sure on Davids situation but customers shouldn't be left hanging not knowing whats going on. I was advised not to write this post but wanted to say my piece as I feel there is no excuse for these situations. I hope David and his family are well. 

• Founder & Administrator
32 minutes ago, EJPBullion said:

Well David has messaged me to complain about my comment here. That was a quick response. Oh the irony 

His profile page says he hasn't been online on the forum since the 5th October. 

I am sure he will reply to this thread when he actually sees it @Abbotssilvercoins

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well thanks Jay for the personal vendetta.  I have recently had a handful of negative comments on my website (from just 2 customers).  They are justified.  ALL of the comments, prior to the last few weeks are extremely positive.

In early September I started a new job and it has been all consuming.  I have dropped the ball since.  If anyone here has had a problem with an order, I apologise.  We are talking about 10 orders that were either delivered more slowly than normal or that I have had to refund owing to being unable to ship fast enough or not having an item in stock.

If you want to let me know who you are I will send you a small item of silver as an apology.

David

50 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

His profile page says he hasn't been online on the forum since the 5th October. 

I am sure he will reply to this thread when he actually sees it @Abbotssilvercoins

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt Chris.  I have posted below.

22 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

I had same experience , ordered Sunday night I didn't receive it til 6 days later 

My apologies to both of you.  I trust you both received your item in the end?  Sorry for the delay.  If you want to PM me your postal address I will send you both a gift as an apology.  David

On 10/14/2016 at 16:14, Quicksilver said:

Sorry for your experience.  Please PM me your postal address and I will send you a silver gift as an apology :)

On 10/14/2016 at 11:27, SurreySilver said:

Hi all,

Was going to put in a small order with Abbots Silver Coins and on checking the comments section on the site found that some orders are outstanding, I then checked on Facebook and under the visitors posts section it seems no phone or emails have been replied to and no orders have been sent out to customers,

I haven't contacted Abbots myself but dose anybody know whats happened here?

Hello there.  I have posted an explanation.  Essentially I just got overloaded by a new job and didn't have the bandwidth in the day to cover all of my commitments.  Every comment except for those from the past few weeks are all positive, but the recent negative ones are justified.

Jay, let's not pretend that you're doing this out of concern for customer service.  You're in direct competition with David, so there is a little more at play here than what you are immediately letting on. 

Ironically, it is you Jay, who has banned multiple sellers from your facebook groups because they offered better prices than you... It's easy to compete when you delete the competition!

6 minutes ago, arshimo2012 said:

Jay is not a good person he blocked me from his Facebook group a year ago and when I messaged him to say why he just blocked me. I don't think anyone has blocked me before from anywhere ?

What about that Gentlemans club ?  ? ? lightening the mood lol

Silverstacking.co.uk 

32 minutes ago, Abbotssilvercoins said:

My apologies to both of you.  I trust you both received your item in the end?  Sorry for the delay.  If you want to PM me your postal address I will send you both a gift as an apology.  David

Sorry for your experience.  Please PM me your postal address and I will send you a silver gift as an apology :)

If its OK

Please could you send the silver gift to chis silver for the Christmas raffle. please and thanks :)

Archived