• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

• Founder & Administrator

9ed33c6be0f6f94a13c3af0cf2356c55.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 45 for me. Still doing it everyday. Decided to also add any plastic fivers i get, only 1 so far. 

Dunno whats in the tin, bout £35-40 i guess. Its heavy enough to lift the lid off while the tin remains on the floor :) 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

14 hours ago, SilverPirate said:

Any one thought of doing a Music Magpie clear out, I tried only had £2.50's worth, need over a fiver to get paid out.

Sort out £££££'s worth of old gear and there's a few more squares ticked off.

I've found that WeBuyBooks pays a little bit more for stuff.  They take cds/dvds and books.  Every now and then they do 10% bonus codes.

(in the big brother voice), Day 51 in the cant afford it challenge.

Sitting here at 6.58am bored drinking tea and decided do my first count on the funds. My added rules where any £2 coins and plastic fivers received in change where added to the pot. I have had 5x £2's and a lonely single fiver. 

Anyways, my total is £53.42. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3892060/Get-ready-new-12-sided-1-firms-warned-Royal-Mint-tells-retailers-adapt-equipment-avoid-chaos-coin-introduced-March.html

I have just read about the new £1 coin being issued for circulation in March 2017

According to the end of article 

"After Autumn 2017 businesses should no longer accept the existing round coin from customers and should no longer distribute it themselves. However it will still be possible to deposit the old coins at most High Street banks and the Post Office". 

For those going mega into this savings challenge, bear in mind you will have a good few hundred in old £1 coins most likely, probably best to swap them for new £1s after March or swap them out for notes

As Danny says above, i am also very guilty of breaking notes for the sole purpose of getting the change, I'm also guilty of breaking £20s now to hopefully get a plastic fiver :) 

Upgrade to stacking £5 plastic fivers, old £1 coins are "so-last year" :) 

IMG_0654.JPG

Ok so I had about 200 pounds, but I have taken £180 and invested it somewhere unusual and I hope to make a good return, and this is how i will be progressing with this challenge, still storing all coins but will be randomly investing along the way. At the end i will give honest reports win lose or draw.

6 minutes ago, oliversw5 said:

Can I ask what you invested in?

Certinaly, though you might think i am mad..:P

Image result for lego claas

This Lego model has a RRP of £119.99, but is commonly avalible for £90 , tescos had a 3 for 2 deal on toys so i bought 3 at £60 each. I have chosen this model for its unique features, parts you cant get anywhere else, and the fact its an acctual branded tractor.

Once it is no longer avalible in the shop I will sell them for the original retail price or a bit below, after fees and postage I hope to get a 50% return within 12 months, If i cant quite get there i am confident I will not lose money on this deal. These will be kept sealed in the box.

1 hour ago, Madstacks said:

This Lego model has a RRP of £119.99, but is commonly avalible for £90 , tescos had a 3 for 2 deal on toys so i bought 3 at £60 each. I have chosen this model for its unique features, parts you cant get anywhere else, and the fact its an acctual branded tractor.

Once it is no longer avalible in the shop I will sell them for the original retail price or a bit below, after fees and postage I hope to get a 50% return within 12 months, If i cant quite get there i am confident I will not lose money on this deal. These will be kept sealed in the box.

I would hold for 2-3 years after it's been discontinued.  You should get £250 before fees and get back £200 net for your £60 investment.

Just now, Madstacks said:

You dont mean per box ?

Not sure I understand.  You will be able to sell each set for £250 and net £200 each giving profit of £140 each per set which have cost you £60 each.

If i can sell each set at that i will be extreamly happy! but i think I might go for a quicker turnaround for less profit and leave bit of meat on the bone for the next person.

I might also go down the gumtree route for selling so thats going to eat into profits, but safer.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 9, 2016 at 17:16, Paul said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/cant-get-Tin-Money-Box/dp/B01H2T7GGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473437572&sr=8-1&keywords=money+box+tin

71fkufTrzAL._SL1500_.jpg

"(I cant get in) Tin Money Box - One Supplied by MONEY BOX"

For those with trust problems or bad with willpower.  

Pop your change in these and you wont be tempted, perfect for reluctant savers ,once your moneys in you aint going to get at it unless you find a tin opener

£2.24 each

Just ordered two! Thanks

Archived