• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Yeah, you have a good point there Steve.

My mind wandering away on extremes again.  I can never ever settle for basic and oridnary

Think what you say is best and be in keeping with my original first post

You do seem to be rather good at it though, so I suggest you do two; the original idea and another with all the other extras. It will actually be interesting to see what you can pull together in a full year!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator
4 hours ago, Paul said:

Week 2 over with now and into week 3 

Ive lost track of specifics what has gone in but off the top of my head, x2 grey hounds wins from last Sat night 3/1 and 4/1 winners, extra hours at work, darts hustlings, a domino card win, a half decent bandit win, the full minimum weekly contributions have gone in with extras whatever was in my pocket at end of the day, a few new fivers came my way have gone in and a few odd £2 coins so they went in to.  My money box is filling nicely

Extra shifts booked in for next week already so next week will be good before it starts  

IMG_0621.JPG

You should do a multiplier. save 10x the amount in each of the 1p challenge boxes.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah, you have a good point there Steve.

My mind wandering away on extremes again.  I can never ever settle for basic and oridnary

Think what you say is best and be in keeping with my original first post

I think your going abit OTT but thats good. Wait to see how much your gonna save going nuts like this, i cant wait!!!. There are plenty of others sticking to the plan. Im on day 15 and just throwing in 20p-£1 every day for handyness, have only had 2 £2's so far and started it with a fiver. Im aiming for a grand.

I think a sub topic should be guessing how much is in your box and you send the winner an oz next year, haha :P

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I have just over £7 in mine, had some extra cash twice this week but spent it on football, and in the kitty for the roofer,oh well saved touching the bank.

Is it just me or are you looking on the floor when your out more often, I pumped my car tyres up and spent the whole time scanning the ground for coins, found 20p in a waste pipe this week at work thank you very much black and tarnished.

I took a £1 worth of change and dropped a pound coin in the box and got rid of the change at football, to try and keep the change down. I don't want to loose money in a coin star machine at the end of it. 

Another idea for anyone who has some old tat, music magpie your old tec and dvd,cd's. Bit more money in the kitty. Also go through your old cloths and take them to the rag man we have them in all our wickes car parks where I live 40p a kilo, cloths belts bags shoes small soft toys and some costume jewellery. 

9 minutes ago, SilverPirate said:

I have just over £7 in mine, had some extra cash twice this week but spent it on football, and in the kitty for the roofer,oh well saved touching the bank.

Is it just me or are you looking on the floor when your out more often, I pumped my car tyres up and spent the whole time scanning the ground for coins, found 20p in a waste pipe this week at work thank you very much black and tarnished.

I took a £1 worth of change and dropped a pound coin in the box and got rid of the change at football, to try and keep the change down. I don't want to loose money in a coin star machine at the end of it. 

Another idea for anyone who has some old tat, music magpie your old tec and dvd,cd's. Bit more money in the kitty. Also go through your old cloths and take them to the rag man we have them in all our wickes car parks where I live 40p a kilo, cloths belts bags shoes small soft toys and some costume jewellery. 

Do they sell shoe magnets on eBay ? :)

When the end of this savings experiment comes  those robbing coin star machine take something like 10% of your total savings as their fee

Far better use the few coin coining machines a few banks offer Metrobank, HSBC and Natwest I have seen have them

I will be cashing in with my local social club where i know the boss, quite happy if it is all bagged and tagged right

They are always happy to take any change in since most business are charged a small % costs for coinage

3 hours ago, jayboat said:

I think a sub topic should be guessing how much is in your box and you send the winner an oz next year, haha :P

..............hhhmmmmmmmm good little idea that  @jayboat

I'm game !

Always happy to participate, forum has been good to me, helped me pick up many bargains and also to been possible to sell some items to and so nice to give a little back to the community here

A shiny oz of silver is up for grabs from my stack for the nearest guess what is in the £ mega money box come September 2017 

As i am not tracking specifics what is going in it will be as a big surprise for me as well when it comes to opening and counting it up will also remove any temptation to dip into it over the year :)

We can start taking guesses at the beginning of September 2017, i will start that in a separate thread nearer the time and it will operate as per the usual monthly forum membership draw 

On 2016-09-18 at 16:14, oliversw5 said:

I really miss Swedish money, having spent 6 months in Linkoping I grew very fond of the notes you have, especially the 100SEK.

I like the 100kr bill we had before better.

100kr-1965-C403.jpg

Soon they will all be gone. They are changing them to new. Even the coins are getting changed, and now will even the old coins be invalid (Not legal tender any more). And that are going to create some troubles for me. I have to change the content of my can before 2017-06-31, otherwise these coins will not be worth anything.

So a short Sunday update.
Scuzzle had a nice idea. Crossing the amount you have for the day. But then it will not be any extra. I had an extra £3,40 today, but it turned to be one of the hight value squares :D

I am keeping track of what is saved and working out how many weeks ahead of the target I am. I find a side effect of this spreadsheet tracking is it does not encourage extra saving and I have sat on my laurels so to speak for a few days now (I could keep saving nothing for a few weeks and still be on target). This is perhaps more to do with the fact I don't have much to do with cash most days.

I think when it ramps up later next year I will probably have to go out of my way to withdraw cash from a machine for the entire week to meet the targets, but I am determined to keep this challenge physical cash as anything digital has a way of getting spent or invested!   

I'm going full random with this, seems to be working for me. My wallet is a minimal variety that doesn't hold coins so I try and avoid keeping change anyway. Whatever change I end up with goes in the tin most days. Trying to make sure I start ticking some of the £3+ boxes off!

2 hours ago, seXes said:

I like the 100kr bill we had before better.

100kr-1965-C403.jpg

Soon they will all be gone. They are changing them to new. Even the coins are getting changed, and now will even the old coins be invalid (Not legal tender any more). And that are going to create some troubles for me. I have to change the content of my can before 2017-06-31, otherwise these coins will not be worth anything.

So a short Sunday update.
Scuzzle had a nice idea. Crossing the amount you have for the day. But then it will not be any extra. I had an extra £3,40 today, but it turned to be one of the hight value squares :D

If your can is not sealed then when you need to put in eg. £3.50  then put in a £5 note and take out the £1.50 change.

You should then end up with mostly notes and legal tender.

I just went through all the change I had accumulating around the house, including my Smarties tubes of 20p's and an old tin of loose shrapnel. Bagged it all up into coin bags and it came to 90 quid so not a bad half hours work. Also got a few quid from some scrap copper wiring weighed in at work so another £15 in the pot, looks a bit more respectable with a couple of notes in :D

So far my participation has been entirely random, no box ticking as such..I managed to pick up one of those massive oversized whiskey bottles (sadly empty) for a fiver at a boot sale, I think its 5litres, Im just shoving whatever change I have that day in it..its already starting to look quite juicy! no notes, but when i spend a note the change goes in the bottle.

I intend to keep this up until next September but like Madstacks not really going to the plan - where I work is in the middle of nowhere so when your there you don't get to go to a shop etc - but at the weekend I am putting a decent amount in but I can't see my progress due to it been a sealed tin - hopefully a good suprise next year either way I will have more that day than the one before?

Archived