• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it,  Yes why not. 

Going to open five spreadsheets with different values for my 2018 lunar collection.  1/20th to 1oz. 

Beginning on the first of October by this time next year I'll only have one spreadsheet running as the others will have hit the lower target set for the smaller coins. 

Great idea! 

I wish somebody had thought of this earlier! 

I think we will surprise ourselves what it brings if we stick to it.

Even just doing the bear minimum will net you a decent chunk of change.

As I know I have addictive/collecting tenancies and being slightly mentally unhinged, I'm all in or nothing so I will be in for the duration ! 

4 minutes ago, Cully said:

I think you're going to need a bigger pot... :) 

Yup - I reckon you are right  @Cully but it will be a while yet until it fills up.  Got a few of these lock & lock storage containers spare of various shapes and sizes

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Just thinking if folk are looking to add to their yearly fund, why not clear out a few odds and ends you no longer want or need on eBay.

One mans junk is another mans treasure and all that  

I am on that, just sold a peice of furniture,sitting here reading this waiting for them to turn up.made just over £15 after charges but was just taking up space in the garage.

Not sure to spend it as it is in my paypal account on silver on-line or get it out the cashpoint and put it in the money box. 

My weekly update, I tried to increase it to  £1.04 but will let it grow slowly ^_^

365.JPG

There is also an interesting chapter in the Richest man of Babylon audiobook about this style of saving. I discovered this book before I was aware of investing in PM. This book has now a complete new meaning to me on gold and silver. I think it has some great tips for the stacker, investor or saver :D.

• Founder & Administrator
On 9 September 2016 at 18:14, ApisMellifera said:

I'm going to show this to some folk at work, every month they moan about their credit-card debt or overdraft but still buy £2.50 coffee twice a day!

£1250 in a year. Assuming a 250 working day year. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Week 1 - all complete.  

I'm not going to keep track of full figures what i'm putting in, but it will certainly be a very happy money box unboxing September 2017 if this first week is anything to go by 

Week 2 - starting out good already

I got my first new polymer fiver yesterday out getting my shopping, that is in  +£5

For pool league night Thursday, I had a night off the beer and stayed on just a few soft drinks, added a £10 note on what i would have normally spent on ale

Took neighbour up to the airport this morning another +£5 dropsy/thank you

Extra hours at work this week I've signed up for for will net me £97.20 I have put it in already ahead of getting paid 

Looking at my pot, there are more notes than coins at the moment :)

Hope everyone is keeping up 

IMG_0417.JPG

Nice work Paul the way you are going for it is impressive to say the least! 

Is it specifically gold you are looking to buy at the end of this or is it just a challenge to save as much as possible? If gold resumes the uptrend then would you consider some other investment next year? I am just thinking if its specifically gold you want, it may be better doing the cost average thing since you are saving so much? Depends if you want to speculate or not.

I'm still undecided as to what i will do at the end of this savings experiment, whether it continues as keen as first few weeks i'm not sure

I'm an 'all in' or nothing kind of person, that is why i would make a crap drug addict as i would kill myself very quickly 

What I am saving here is what comes my way extra, choosing to do extra hours etc - it will all go in the pot.

My regular wages pay my bills and what I have always invested it still going in nothing has changed with that.  

I am not lowering my life quality doing this savings challenge, as I have very few accountables in my life this is just a bit of fun to see what is possible

£ Cost averaging is a sensible thought but unless it is Bexit like moves higher i cant see too much volatility ahead, if gold idles around the £1,000oz a bit higher or bit lower it is no big deal

It would be nice to get a tube of sovereigns in one swoop or the all the UK lunar series 1oz gold and queens beast all at once next September or maybe a return Las Vegas fortnight as a well done for a years saving

Who knows, we will see as the year progresses what happens 

1 minute ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

Nice collection of abstract debt tokens you have there Paul.

BrowserPreview_tmp-3.gif

It is my  "instant access flexible deposit 1 year savings bond account" (if you have a stanley knife), offers penalty free withdrawls in case of emergancy and pays just under what the average UK savings account currently does

So far I've been depositing at random depending on how much change I have, so it will spread some of the larger amounts throughout the year. I've been putting in extra too so at this rate I'd end up with at least £1k at the end of the year. As for what to do with it, my plans may change but I fancy buying a gold bar, maybe a 50g depending on price. Just something of decent size to hold and pretend to be a Bond villain now and then.

I gonna use Sunday as check-up date. So the first one will be bigger.

I have followed the plan, and on Sunday I have added all the leftovers. So far 10 days 1 SEK/day. Sunday today so the rest of my cash goes in, another 15SEK.

So a total of £2,25. My can looks very empty at the moment :S

20160918_114832.jpg

Archived