• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

Im down for this, although I will work it slightly differently, I give myself 50 quid a week to spend, whatever doesnt get spent will go in the jar.

On a side note, I am also reading the wealth of nations atm (during my lunch hour). If you can get past the dry parts I would recommend to anyone.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - Tin up and running going to go 1.01 and continue from there - dodgy Euro after all - my missus also in on this however where my loot will probably go on Libertad or Panda I'm afraid my good wife's will go on Louis Vuitton or Prada handbag - She really likes her bags and treats them like a gremlin - can't get wet - in Ireland?

image.jpeg

Well I'm going to join also. I just had to rethink the size of the money, as we don't have such small coins any more in Sweden. The end sum should be in the same range. Plus all the extra.

After reading this thread these last days, it also hit me, you can do this with electronic money. Create a specific account in your bank and move over the specific amount each day. Hard to make pictures of that.

But as a rebel against the cashless society in Sweden I will use physical currency.

My Piggy bank is a 1L Danish beer can, made for the Russian market. Made here in Sweden at Lysekil :D

365.jpg

Faxe.2.jpg

Well we have a few signed up now for the year challenge - GREAT !

@ ApisMellifera & his work colleagues

@ daz 

@ Scuzzle  

@ SilverPirate & Bertie

@ KDave & Mrs KDave

@ whitesands1

@ mondy41 & Mrs mondy41

@ SoulUK 

@ NumisRPG 

@ oliversw5 

@ nr73 

@ Danny-boy 

@ silvergun 

@ seXes

@ cully

@ MikeOxlong

@ SilvergunSuperman & Mrs SilvergunSuperman

@ StackemHigh

I haven't missed a day yet,  I'm doing at with an added £1 per day to guarantee a min grand.

Loose coins at the end of each day have been also going in also

A rogue runaway unexpected 50p coin found under my bed hoovering yesterday added :) 

A best of 3 games of darts Sat night yielded another £1 

I drove pops off this morning for his coach holiday and got a fiver dropsy for "a few pints" as a thank you.  Its in the pot to

Anyone else wishing to join the thread, feel free to join by posting, very cheap to catch everyone else up first month

IMG_0414.JPG

I have emptied all the coins in my drawer at work and the ashtray in my car, good few quid there gone into the bottle.

Bought a 4.5 litre whisky bottle to put it all in, so I'm hoping to fill it.

All loose change will go in it at the end of each day too.

Stacker since 2013

Two of my sons have joined in too. One even tidied his bedroom to find change and found a tenner down the side of the bed,I have ticked a few off further down the line to make it easyer later on.

I even kept the 1p change from the paint rollers the wife so kindly bought me as a present,so thoughtfull.I also used my nectar point card for the rollers in homebase  so i can convert to silver on E-bay later.

Tight as a nuns crutch me.;)

Edit, Am i the only one thats been window shopping already on what i will spend this loot on in a years time?

I've looked at kilo silver bars,i have always wanted one,but then again a half ounce gold coin would be nice i have always wanted one of them,then again two rolls of something from STG would be nice allways wanted to do that, then again maybe i will buy some nice quality numismatic gold for my album always wanted one of them,oh god it's going to be a long year.

Edit two,I hope the price of silver and gold is down then so i get more bang for my buck.

20 hours ago, KDave said:

I broke into a £5 note today and immediately thought of this. Another £2.25 into the savings sock :D

you could have not broke into the fiver and put it all in.:)

1 hour ago, Danny-boy said:

I have emptied all the coins in my drawer at work and the ashtray in my car, good few quid there gone into the bottle.

Bought a 4.5 litre whisky bottle to put it all in, so I'm hoping to fill it.

All loose change will go in it at the end of each day too.

did you get to drink the whisky first?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

got my mrs doing it as well . although she came up with a idea i quite like . dont do it in any particular order , just tick off whatever you can afford to put in that day so you dont get more expensive as the year goes on . if youve just been paid stick in a week of £3 entries , end of the month and your a bit skint ? do a few days of pennies .

ive got a jar that counts what youve put into it . i made that up to £38.05 with what i had kicking about and ticked off £3.05

moneybox.jpg

box2.jpg

4 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

you could have not broke into the fiver and put it all in.:)

Yes but then the kids would have been without their icecream. I am tight but I am not THAT tight :lol:

@Daz - That is a great idea, just tick off what you can afford as long as you tick one off per day. I think I will do that, its more realistic given that I don't break notes everyday. 

I will also partake but i am doing mine in a different way. Hopefully you guys dont mind. £14 each week will go from my bank account into another account. I know this would possibly defeat the point for some but I know i will end up forgetting to add to the pot if i do it manually or i will not have the correct change on hand!

regardless 14 x 52 = £728 which i what i will have in 52 weeks 

19 minutes ago, MikeOxlong said:

I will also partake but i am doing mine in a different way. Hopefully you guys dont mind. £14 each week will go from my bank account into another account. I know this would possibly defeat the point for some but I know i will end up forgetting to add to the pot if i do it manually or i will not have the correct change on hand!

regardless 14 x 52 = £728 which i what i will have in 52 weeks 

To each their own with this little year challenge, whatever works for everyone choosing to participate

Your £14 per week standing order x52 weekly in one lump sum works for you GREAT ! 

£10 a day for someone would be £3650 which may be appropriate for some if they are super keen/well paid !

This is a great idea, consider me signed up too. I have a handy whisky tin which currently contains a few bits & bobs but will make a good coin box. I've also been collecting my 20p coins in Smarties tubes for the last few months which I'll continue to do as a separate venture - they hold about £13 each and I've filled 6 or 7 so far. 

It almost feels like free money when you consciously put away spare change.

WP_20160912_19_44_55_Pro.jpg

Just counted the drawer / ashtray coins, was surprised at £30.64

A good start to the bottle fund, although not really following the spirit of the original post!!!

At the end of the year, any coins under 20p will go to charity, the rest I will blow on silver [emoji1]

Stacker since 2013

Archived