• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

I completed mine, i ended up with £1157.48. I took around £500 out a month back to buy a struck on the day sovereign from royal stacker and £100 worth of Steem crypto. I bagged up the rest during the week which was £550 and have just placed an order this morning with goldsilver for x1 2017 sovereign, x5 2017 libertads, x5 2017 congo garilla's, x5 2018 elephnats and x3 2016 5 blessing's. 

IMG_20170909_213121.jpg.5ebcb7c6b2cd1c9dead51cf6aee03c4c.jpg

I will do posts when i receive my stuff. Were is everyone else??? How many people finished this, i thought there was like 20-30 in this. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished it also also with my wife and there lies the problem - I'm afraid these particular funds won't be going on coins - new patio door I believe and some other bits that came up in conversation  - I figured early on this may happen so didn't go all in with the saving even so saved a decent amount. 

My tin came in at €1346 and my wife had €1168 - decent enough and going to do this again from today 

@Paul - Cheers for the idea - I am a little richer today and my wife is very happy - what more could you want for a Sunday morning:)

I ended up with 7804SEK. I have 1486SEK in coins I have trouble deposit into the banks. Within this or next month I will have a new bank, so think it will be easier.

So far I have spent 2655SEK on a gold bar, and the rest plus some on numismatic silver coins, mostly Mexican and German ones.

So i get a few different things. Firs off i bought a SOTD gold sovereign that i got for £390, yep that is not a typo

IMG_20170812_130749.jpg.95345c22ae061d34762e7657149e47b3.jpg

Then i saw so guy selling NGC MS69's for £25 each, i bought 3 of these, i would like more but he mostly had eagles. They arrive on different days so i have have pictures of 2, the other is buried away

IMG_20170901_201152.jpg.18e73e66bab36753c754d4940bdb1b48.jpg

Then lastly, i place an order at goldsilver with the left over and got a bunch of stuff. x5 libertads, x5 elephants, x5 garillas, x3 five blessings and a gold sovereign.

Thanks to @Paul for starting this thread. I would never have had the Struck on the day if not for your thread. Hoping to see more :) 

IMG_20170921_181258.jpg

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

So a bump on this thread.

This will be year 2 of @Paul challenge of the 365 day saving tins.

I have done it this past year and put a little extra in as well at a guess I would say I have £750 - £800 any more than that and I will be more than happy.

As the end date is the 9th of September (which happens to be my birthday as well 😁) bit unfortunately I will be away for work that week so I will crack it open a bit later and the proceeds will be going on gold.

I have one coin that I will most probably get from the funds but seeming a bit difficult to track down at the moment (Mexican gold 20 pesos).

So who else done it this year,how well did you do and what are you planning to get.

Wow, really like this idea.. Been thinking about it a little for myself. Made up a plan.

I intent to keep on buying some silver whenever it feels right, but I planned to save 0.82 cents every day. That makes up for 300 euros next year. Starting soon on my birthday so I can buy some nice gold for myself!

2 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

Congratulations to everyone who has seen this through! I did try, but found myself dipping into the pot when investment opportunity presented itself. 

Haha I have been tempted but stayed strong 👍

this is quite a cool idea. I'm completely tied up financially (except emergencies of course) until end of next year when everything i have gets re-assessed- so this will be a fun thing for me to try and do :) give me something to look forward to at the end aswell

I fancy doing it as in i'll see what I have at the end of the day, and pop that in there and tick off accordingly so i wont be in order. thanks for the heads up everyone! I'll try and get a box / tin and a tick off sheet sorted by the end of the week. :)

After putting in a penny and then forgetting about it for days my girlfriend has printed the sheet out. It's now above my loose change and my coin jar. I've got up to day 13 just getting the last remnants of pocket change, plus two pounds as I'm saving every pound coin too. Hoping to get about a grand this time next year! 

13 minutes ago, Blockhead said:

After putting in a penny and then forgetting about it for days my girlfriend has printed the sheet out. It's now above my loose change and my coin jar. I've got up to day 13 just getting the last remnants of pocket change, plus two pounds as I'm saving every pound coin too. Hoping to get about a grand this time next year! 

Great target to aim for buddy I think I've got somewhere between 700 and 800 in mine from the past year but will find out when I'm home from work next week 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2018 at 14:30, Madstacks said:

Sod it, il join again - or well il join in a savings mission..I need 15k in a year so feels unobtainable on what i earn, but reach for the stars land on the moon and all that 😄

Good luck Madstacks!  Hope you make your goal!

48 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

Good luck Madstacks!  Hope you make your goal!

Cheers mate! its going to be tough but giving it a damn good go! Made this chart to track/motivate..DSC_0634.thumb.JPG.a4ed9a7fb06330d9032522e82ea76da8.JPG

Got a long way to go though! 400 boxes total, aiming for one box a day but added some extra boxes just in case. Piling in everything I can, selling things i dont need - running about 20 days ahead of schedule currently due to selling some bits i dont need anymore. This stares me in the face everytime i leave my room in the morning - and reminds me to try hard and make money, also have been buying small bits of gold so its hard but i may sell them to complete this list later on if needed. - pleased to be 10% complete already though!

DSC_0636.thumb.JPG.4831b0397114ce0d887c3f3ca5b025f6.JPG

1 minute ago, Madstacks said:

Cheers mate! its going to be tough but giving it a damn good go! Made this chart to track/motivate..

Got a long way to go though! 400 boxes total, aiming for one box a day but added some extra boxes just in case. Piling in everything I can, selling things i dont need - running about 20 days ahead of schedule currently due to selling some bits i dont need anymore. This stares me in the face everytime i leave my room in the morning - and reminds me to try hard and make money.

That's amazing Madstacks!  Congratulations on your progress.  I started the "The Richest Man in Babylon" thread after reading your post, what you are doing is inspiring.  Have you found that you have had to cut back a lot ?  I go through cycles where I'll get mad at myself and cut back just because I don't like wasting money, and I've found that it's amazingly easy to get accustomed to a more spartan lifestyle.

30 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

That's amazing Madstacks!  Congratulations on your progress.  I started the "The Richest Man in Babylon" thread after reading your post, what you are doing is inspiring.  Have you found that you have had to cut back a lot ?  I go through cycles where I'll get mad at myself and cut back just because I don't like wasting money, and I've found that it's amazingly easy to get accustomed to a more spartan lifestyle.

Thank you:) We have made some changes but nothing to drastic - mainly little things like swapping from shopping in sainsburys to aldi has saved us at least £30 a week, we used to buy a lot of supermarket "mealdeals" at lunch, for us both thats six quid a time so have cut that out and make lunch at home to take out with us, we used to drink far to much diet coke and that was a couple of quid a day - have stopped that and just drink cordial, the main different thing is as soon as we make sales (self employed) the first thing we do is put money into savings and then only spend whats left and only on things we need - all spare goes into savings. We are lucky in the fact that we just like to go on walks and stuff when we go out rather than more costly things so that helps too. 

I would agree though you do get used to living quite spartan easily! i think if you have something you really want to save for it helps alot.

I have sold of a few silver coins and a coin set so definitely had a a starting boost - I think it will be a real challenge to complete it but i Do think it can be done:)

• 1 month later...

Archived