• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cant afford it ? Get some GOLD the easy way, without really trying - EVERYONE CAN DO IT

365DAYMONEYCHALLENGE.png

• Day 1 - save 1p
  • Day 2 - save 2p
  • Day 3 save 3p
  • Day 100 save £1.00
  • Day 365 save £3.65

Print the above picture off and mark each day off as you drop your cash in

You'll have £667.95 after a year, enough for a few sovereigns, a half oz of gold and a few 1/10s.

Get it without really trying, the cheapest will be the first week £0.28  the dearest week, this last week will cost you £25.34.

It wont cost you more than a Starbucks coffee a day

Each day when you get up, when you make your breakfast or are about to leave the house put the amount into a jar and watch your money increase daily. Because its loose change you won't really miss it and it will soon become a habit.

Think of it as you are paying yourself if you like. You could even transfer it from your bank account daily to a savings account if you don't tend to have loose change on you or start by using a jar of loose change that you already have to keep you going for a couple of weeks or months.

I'll be using a money tin which you need to open with a tin opener which will stop me from dipping into it. You can find these in most 99p shops and then you have a penny for the first day to get you started. 

The above is at the bear minimum, everyone sticks to this who wishes to participate.

But feel free & POST any FREE unexpected money that comes your way over the year, to it over the year to keep the thread alive.

• Your odd coppers in your jeans after a night out at the end of the working day, it goes in your gold pot
  • You get a £2 coin in your change at the supermarket, it goes in your gold pot
  • Your Lucky 15 bet comes in and nets you £20, it goes in the pot.
  • You find a £1 on the way to work, it goes in your gold pot
  • You get a x3 numbers on the Lottery it goes in your gold pot
  • You win a domino card at the local darts/pool league game, it goes in your gold pot
  • You are gifted a tenner in a birthday card, it goes in your gold pot 

Who fancy's joining the challenge ??  

This day next year we share our gold pot totals here, and share our pics of our gold purchases this time next year from our daily savings ?

As chancellor Mr George Osbourne said, "We are all in this together "

Fancy joining the challenge ?

:)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fantastic , I'm going to do this . Doubt it will be for gold though . I go to Germany a couple of times a year for a beer and football weekend that would pay for three trips ( minus spending money of course ) good post  :)

38 minutes ago, daz said:

That's fantastic , I'm going to do this . Doubt it will be for gold though . I go to Germany a couple of times a year for a beer and football weekend that would pay for three trips ( minus spending money of course ) good post  :)

+1 sign up already @daz:)  Lets enjoy the journey. Lets get more.  

It doesnt need to be gold, change it to silver, your holidays or just stacking some fiat debt tokens 

34 minutes ago, ApisMellifera said:

I'm going to show this to some folk at work, every month they moan about their credit-card debt or overdraft but still buy £2.50 coffee twice a day!

It seems like nothing £2.50 for a coffee, but it soon mounts up

I'm glad drink to a point where I am not be able to recall how many pints I've had on the slurp or it would be a big shock ! :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/cant-get-Tin-Money-Box/dp/B01H2T7GGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473437572&sr=8-1&keywords=money+box+tin

71fkufTrzAL._SL1500_.jpg

"(I cant get in) Tin Money Box - One Supplied by MONEY BOX"

For those with trust problems or bad with willpower.  

Pop your change in these and you wont be tempted, perfect for reluctant savers ,once your moneys in you aint going to get at it unless you find a tin opener

£2.24 each

I like it, I'm now doing a system where any lines I get up on the horses or football I buy silver with it without exception, I got a BTTS fourfold up last Satarday, £10 staked £70 back with which I bought an MS70 Bindi Croc and an MS 70 Silver Eagle.  Couple of weeks ago I got £50 which went on a 2oz Anubis.

I've always stacked loose coins out of my change since a child - so thought i will keep this separate and start from scratch

My tamper-proof DIY storage device jallopy is made and pumped to gills for the full 1p for day 1

Thanks

@daz @Scuzzle Bertie & @SilverPirate @KDave & Mrs KDave for participating.  Hopefully it will be a fun year

Anyone else wanting to join the ongoing year small cash stack, post your storage device jallopy pic 

IMG_0412.JPG

1 minute ago, SilverPirate said:

You could do the sheet backwards and it gets cheaper over the year.

lol yeah - very true :)

If we just use the printed sheet as a daily tick sheet and 'minimum' contribution (£) guide, we can tailor it 

Now thinking about it more I may do it with £1 added to each day, that will bring in just over a grand for the year

I started this at the start of the year, (going backwards, in order to make it cheaper the closer it got the Xmas) but the missis decided it is now a wedding fund, which is nice and all as shes contributed to it as well. But does mean its no longer ear marked for Metals.

Its a very inexpensive way of getting a few bob together. Thumbs up to all who do it.

I really like this idea, I don't have 1p coins at the minute, so for now I will transfer +1p from my current account to my saving account until get some physical coins. Any loose change goes straight into the tupperware box. I've printed a couple copies and already got a friend hooked on the idea :)

( I'm also going challenge myself with a beast of a book, which been staring at me for awhile. Over 900 pages!). :wacko:

The going backwards idea is even more rewarding!

365.jpg

Loose change from my Friday night beers and putting the world to rights  - I'll leave it here and decide what's going in the storage tomorrow +20p minimum's going in for sure once I've sobered up :)

No late night supper so plus +£5 to 

IMG_0413.JPG

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

this going to be a long thread:)  ;)

Keep the thread alive for a few weeks to see how many more stackers commit to year challenge, then weekly updates would be sufficient on progress & commitment 

Archived