• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Libertad

Pipers

Has anyone here got hold of the Gold Libertad?  What do you think of it?  

Also what is the yearly mintage of the 1oz Gold Libertad.

I was looking on the web but those very low mintages look very suspect to me, any help please.

• Founder & Administrator

I don't have one, are they 999 gold? Or alloyed?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Apmex have the 2011 proof for cheaper than a 2014 1oz BU.

Bargain! I would have bought one of these if  I could.

http://www.apmex.com/category/2080/gold-libertads-1-oz-bu-proof

Maybe in a few months if they are still a good price

The 2010 proof is even cheaper and only 600 mintage! 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Just realised it's not so much of a bargain as the apmex price for the bullion libertads is a bit expensive compared to dealers in Europe. So although their proofs are very nicely priced compared to their bullion coins, they are a little expensive. Still affordable though and I would definitely consider paying a little extra and getting a proof when I come to buy.

Maybe even purchase a BU and a proof eventually.

Discounts / Offers

• 1 month later...

Gold Libertad Series

1oz

Brilliant uncirculated / Proof

1981/1992

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

Brilliant Uncirculated

KEY DATE

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Brilliant Uncirculated

Proof

Source: http://donbailey-mexico.com/libertad_mintages.shtml

• 2 weeks later...

So this is my recently purchased (from APMEX) 2008 1oz Proof Gold Libertad  (Mintage 500). I think that it might need a bit of cleaning. In a few of the photos the coin looks as if it is silver...I am totally new to photography and thus was experimenting with indoor vs outdoor lighting and the lighting "colour bar" on the camera screen, and also limited by my $100 digital camera in terms of doing closeups, so I apologize in advance for not the best quality photos..

Cheers,

Luker

post-207-0-39413900-1408822034_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-88241900-1408822053_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-94527700-1408822068_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-32984000-1408822086_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-66265300-1408822096_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-19961700-1408822110_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-31511600-1408822119_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-28545200-1408822130_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Cointreau - we have discussed Au Trading on another thread before, as I recall people had doubts - but mr-dead has bought from them (I have not).

I've also been tracking these Libertads for a while - best deal I see is in Germany, but I think you were not well pleased with this outfit on another thread! But the 2014 price including UK delivery is about £909 - beating AU trading.

http://www.muenzshop-berger.de/epages/Euro_Muenzversand_Berger.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Euro_Muenzversand_Berger/Products/GMEX1OZ14

Louis Golino the coin analyst at coin week has wrote a few good articles on the gold and silver proof and bu libs mintages are released every December 2014 hit a new low for the gold proofs in all sizes except the 1/4 once proof which was 350 other sizes was 250 including coins in sets he thinks they are sleepers at the moment but have good long term potential but the market for them needs time to mature they really are stunning coins to add to your collection

Louis Golino the coin analyst at coin week has wrote a few good articles on the gold and silver proof and bu libs mintages are released every December 2014 hit a new low for the gold proofs in all sizes except the 1/4 once proof which was 350 other sizes was 250 including coins in sets he thinks they are sleepers at the moment but have good long term potential but the market for them needs time to mature they really are stunning coins to add to your collection

The 250 were all in the proof sets and there were about 100 available as single coins. 2014 will be a key Libertad year and in particular the Silver Proof 2oz and 5oz coins.

If you see any 1/4oz proofs around don't buy them just send me a message so I can pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll get an idea by looking at your gold Ellie. I think I'd prefer the standard bullion coin.

tend to agree Cointreau. Thinks these are so nice as bullion that you don't need the proof. But it depends what you are buying for..

Having said that I don't have either - which is still a goal in life (hence the pic to the left of this post!!). Just biding my time for the next ounce until sub £820. I do have two Aussie 1 oz nuggets due to land this week though to cheer me up; bought 2 weeks ago.

Archived