• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/11/2018 at 14:20, MickD said:

Can I ask what a fair price is for 2014 and 2015 NGC MS 69 1/20 oz Libertads?  I've had a look about but the prices seem to vary considerably.

@MickDi reckon up to £95 would be about right...

i sold a raw proof 1/20 2016 recently for £70, with the mintage number being 2,100. The BU 2014 and 2015 are both over 1000 mintage, so in the low-mid range of rarity for that coin.  Good choice , and good luck ! 

What’s this all about from Westminster saying they can’t process my order before I ring them and they do a credit check? I’m paying in full and have left the funds sat there waiting for them to take, is this so they can sign me up to automatic orders?

I’ll be ringing them on Wednesday when back from hols hoping they’re just not trying to get out of the £99 deal 😡

C3D868CA-95AA-4B11-A220-6A8F780F6381.png

37 minutes ago, StonedMofo said:

What’s this all about from Westminster saying they can’t process my order before I ring them and they do a credit check? I’m paying in full and have left the funds sat there waiting for them to take, is this so they can sign me up to automatic orders?

I’ll be ringing them on Wednesday when back from hols hoping they’re just not trying to get out of the £99 deal 😡

C3D868CA-95AA-4B11-A220-6A8F780F6381.png

I started a posted over on the general section over the same thing, just a gang of jokers by the looks

Good afternoon everyone,

We have added stock of bullion Krugerrands to our site today. Premiums for one coin start at 2.7% down to 1.6% for our top price break. We ALWAYS sell out so if you want to take physical delivery please check out the link: https://www.chards.co.uk/1-oz-krugerrand-gold-coin/one-ounce-krugerrand-bullion/558

Our buy back rate is currently 98% if your interested in selling. 

All the best, Ian 

I rang them to ask why they wanted to do a credit check before sending them they said it’s because it’s a high value order (£297). I explained I had entered my card details and the full amount was waiting so there’s no need to to do a credit check as I’m buying them and don’t need credit. She kept saying we need to do a credit check because we don’t charge the card til day of dispatch and I kept saying charge the card then dispatch them it’s simple, this went on for a while with her saying it’s normal and me explaining it’s not normal to credit check someone who is simply buying goods. In the end I just cancelled my order good deal or not I’m not playing their games and have a feeling the credit check is so they can start sending you new releases out as and when they please and billing you for them 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

12 minutes ago, StonedMofo said:

I rang them to ask why they wanted to do a credit check before sending them they said it’s because it’s a high value order (£297). I explained I had entered my card details and the full amount was waiting so there’s no need to to do a credit check as I’m buying them and don’t need credit. She kept saying we need to do a credit check because we don’t charge the card til day of dispatch and I kept saying charge the card then dispatch them it’s simple, this went on for a while with her saying it’s normal and me explaining it’s not normal to credit check someone who is simply buying goods. In the end I just cancelled my order good deal or not I’m not playing their games and have a feeling the credit check is so they can start sending you new releases out as and when they please and billing you for them 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

Something similiar happened to me like this once but for something military related, it was several grand and I wanted to pay for it but they wanted to do a credit check, I said 'look I will come down and pay cash and take it away there and then' they still wouldnt,  grumbled about it to some friends in the business and they told me that these cowboys didnt actually have the item and were doing something called 'Dropshipping' they had seen the said item for sale somewhere cheap, advertised it for sale themselves at a large markup (without the owners knowledge) but didnt have the funds themselves to buy it so needed cleared funds to be able to purchase it first, not saying this seller is like that but I wouldnt be surprised if they were 'dropshipping' , in the end I bought the item from the owner and sent a picture of me with it to the pair of chancers :P

Liberty coin has the gold PAMP 10 ounce at a nice price, if you pay with a credit card that pays 1.5% cash back you beat APMEX check price by 24 bucks. And you get it in 2 days with no counterparty risk and waiting for check clearing etc as well. I have bought many times from them no issues so far. They are on my list of trusted vendors (APMEX,Liberty,JM Bullion etc.)

On 07/12/2018 at 21:05, Bullionbilly said:

On 07/12/2018 at 21:04, Bdean316 said:

Westminster still have the 1/10 Gold Brit deal on

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p-317Y/UK-2015-1%2f10oz-Gold-Britannia.aspx

Any chance Chards can price match as would prefer to give you my money ?! 🙂 

Morning,

Just taken a look and we wouldn't be able to match this price im afraid. It appears the coin is being sold at intrinsic. Our usual price is £119 which is still £30 cheaper than Westminister when off the black friday deal. 

Ian

Tbh I’d rather pay the extra and actually get my coins rather than deal with Westminster who want a credit check before sending out weeks and weeks later, still baffled as to why they’d want a credit check when paying full price for items 🤔

1 hour ago, Bdean316 said:

I'd rather buy direct from the mint where its £8 cheaper and free postage!

Come on Chards please price more fairly......

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Britannia/Gold/UKB19GTC

We are currently reviewing the prices against the RM and others. We are always trying to get the best deal so leave it with us and ill drop it in here when we have finished our price comparison. 

Archived