• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(x1) USA 1oz gold buffalo available at HGM @ £773.38 (+delivery)

buffalos in UK are normally are a fair bit extra to the normal 1oz coin in the UK, so @ 3% over spot is a pretty decent price

Totally beautiful coin when viewed in your hand to IMO

i bagged the 1/4 oz krug - the 1/10 was already gone :(

thanks for the heads up :)

No problem, I wonder if I could ask a webguy friend of mine to make a some kind of tool to crawl HGM website every 5 minutes and send an alert to my phone when anything new pops up hmmm

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

No problem, I wonder if I could ask a webguy friend of mine to make a some kind of tool to crawl HGM website every 5 minutes and send an alert to my phone when anything new pops up hmmm

Shouldn't be too hard to do. Get a perl script to load up the pages in question and do a screen scrape, then compare the prices against a preset value which triggers an alert which is sent by SMS.

Simples.

Shame I gave up perl scripting many years ago. I was really really rubbish at it lol!! :rolleyes:

So guys, I've been offered the 1989 four sovereign set for £1800

£5, £2, full and half

I think I will go for it and buy it tomorrow

What do you guys think? 

Same sold for £2750 on ebay recently @ a buy it now price 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

£5, £2, full and half

What do you guys think? 

Sounds like a pretty good investment. Does it come boxed up and well presented? COA?

There are two on ebay atm. One at £1,950, - the QEII set, and one at £3,450 - that is listed as the 50th anniversary set. Proof coins, 5,000 mintage.

Which one are you getting? The QEII I guess? Looks like you got a good price mate.

Sounds like a pretty good investment. Does it come boxed up and well presented? COA?

There are two on ebay atm. One at £1,950, - the QEII set, and one at £3,450 - that is listed as the 50th anniversary set. Proof coins, 5,000 mintage.

Which one are you getting? The QEII I guess? Looks like you got a good price mate.

Yes all come in a box with a COA

It's the 500th anniversary 1489-1989 set

Yes all come in a box with a COA

It's the 500th anniversary 1489-1989 set

In that case I take it back. That's not a good deal!

That is a brilliant deal! lol

Nice work dude, you got me turning green here! :wacko: You gotta go for it at that price huh?

In that case I take it back. That's not a good deal!

That is a brilliant deal! lol

Nice work dude, you got me turning green here! :wacko: You gotta go for it at that price huh?

Yes, just looked a bit more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-GOLD-PROOF-FOUR-COIN-SET-5-2-SOVEREIGN-1-2-HALF-SOVEREIGN-/321516180468?pt=Coins_BritishProofs_RL&hash=item4adbdb93f4&nma=true&si=HpjubqF7PPnE3u5OV3NIKFI0SHk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold for almost £1000 more 

Yeah seems like a good deal kman, having a look on ebay I see the one that went for £2725 which had 3 bidders, seems like you could make a decent profit if you wanted to in the future, it can put you in two minds when making such a big purchase but if it's what they say it is then it's a definite buy.

I'm still waiting for your first silver purchase though :)

Yeah seems like a good deal kman, having a look on ebay I see the one that went for £2725 which had 3 bidders, seems like you could make a decent profit if you wanted to in the future, it can put you in two minds when making such a big purchase but if it's what they say it is then it's a definite buy.

I'm still waiting for your first silver purchase though :)

Well it's not a done deal, I will talk to the seller again tomorrow morning to finalise things, picking it up etc

This might be racist to say but she was Irish on the phone and I'm a bit worried I will go and get jumped by travelers.. lol

I was actually thinking of buying the 2014 death star Britannia silver 1 oz, but it just seems like £92 takes the piss too much

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-ROYAL-MINT-ST-GEORGE-SOLID-22K-GOLD-PROOF-FULL-SOVEREIGN-COIN-BOX-COA-/160893266922?pt=Coins_BritishProofs_RL&hash=item2575fc6bea

I am after a 1999 full sovereign, proof, ... But can anyone see any reason for this proof to be >£100 more expensive this other comparable condition coins - around £300-£375? . I get it that it was the last year of the century...but maybe there is some other thing I am missing.

Maybe I got lucky bidding the other day, as I got a perfect 2001 proof for £235 with a final bid; so probably > £300 is the norm.

£5, £2, full and half

What do you guys think?

You have been after 1989 for a while, if got the chance go for it. As long as in perfect condition and from a reliable source. Price seems too good to be true

Thebullioncentre.com are offering pre-orders on 2015 Sovereigns. I've just ordered 25 for 181.60 each which are being delivered by 2nd December, todays price is guaranteed which I thought was really good! Have dealt with them before and been really impressed with price and service.

Thebullioncentre.com are offering pre-orders on 2015 Sovereigns. I've just ordered 25 for 181.60 each which are being delivered by 2nd December, todays price is guaranteed which I thought was really good! Have dealt with them before and been really impressed with price and service.

You must work for Rafa! That's maybe the biggest order by value yet on this forum.

The Tudor rose 4 coin set is worth £2750 - £3000 the 3 set goes for around £1350-£1500

You got a bargain there Kman

Yep 3.5k on chards

That set is on my radar but i'm not holding out much hope on finding one at a decent price

Current price now for 2015 Sovs for 20+ is £189.33.  Cracking deal at £181.60.  The mixed date sovs are £181.90 for 20+ at the mo though.

Archived