• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I was about to post that HGM have some of the unique designs of 1 oz Brits available (2009 & 2010) - but they've all gone - sorry, I wasn't quick enough.

I snaffled a 2005 this morning.

I wonder if that 2005 was part of a broken set as they had a 1/2 (still do) and 1/4 in as well.

Nice buy that 2005 :)

On 27/10/2016 at 10:18, sovereignsteve said:

been there since yesterday afternoon. 2x 1871 and a 1869 (hope it's not the one @Numistacker sent back)

the 1869 is exactly why i didn't buy as knew it would be that one :D

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

7 minutes ago, morezone said:

I wonder if that 2005 was part of a broken set as they had a 1/2 (still do) and 1/4 in as well.

Nice buy that 2005 :)

Possibly, they mentioned that it looked sort of proof like, but isn't in a box. We'll see what turns up.

8 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Possibly, they mentioned that it looked sort of proof like, but isn't in a box. We'll see what turns up.

Are you all talking about silver or gold here, because it seems @morezone is talking about the gold ones :D (unless they did actually have 1/2 and 1/4 silver there earlier but i didn't see those)

edit: If you are actually talking about gold i didn't realise the 1oz gold brits were that rare at HGM, but i guess now i see you mean proofs.

I actually picked up a 1/10 brit this morning, though i would prefer a non-proof old year as i have 30 proofs and only need 2006 :D

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

5 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Just now, sg86 said:

Are you all talking about silver or gold here, because it seems @morezone is talking about the gold ones :D (unless they did actually have 1/2 and 1/4 silver there earlier but i didn't see those)

We are talking Gold.  The 2005 only came as a proof in a boxed set which leads me to believe the set was split and the 1/2 and 1/4 HGM had/has up were all from the same set.  A 1/2 is still there and if is part of the 2005 set, at 3% it's a decent deal.

26 minutes ago, sg86 said:

edit: If you are actually talking about gold i didn't realise the 1oz gold brits were that rare at HGM, but i guess now i see you mean proofs.

I actually picked up a 1/10 brit this morning, though i would prefer a non-proof old year as i have 30 proofs and only need 2006 :D

Yes, gold it is.

The 1 oz Brits aren't rare at HGM, but in my experience the majority are 2013 onwards. 

They have the one-off designs much less frequently, so I couldn't resist.

i just noticed all the 1oz gold coins on Atkinson's pre-owned section got bought up this afternoon. Perhaps coincided with the brief takedown in the gold price.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Just seen this on my eBay travels and works looks like an OK deal, seller has proven feedback of lots of bullion sales in the past 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Full-Sovereign-20-x-2002-First-Strikes-Coin-Royal-Mint-Sheet-/122204625816?hash=item1c73f69b98:g:04UAAOSwn7JYFa-k

Gold Full Sovereign 20 x 2002 First Strikes Coin Royal Mint Sheet   = £5,900

works out £295 each around the same as Baird & co

Mint state sealed sheets and labelled first strike - Possibly nice to get graded ??

Oooooh the 1oz is very tempting...I must control myself...guess you bought the 1/10 then...

I bought a 1 oz as well. Very rare these come up for sale. 20k mintage from 1/10 to 1/2 and then 10k for the 1oz.

HGM have had three US $20 double gold eagles (Liberty Head) in all week for less than £1000.  I am quite surprised nobody has snapped them up! I phoned to get the years a few days ago - was 1900, a1907S and I think 1893 or 1895 (can't remember now). 

I am tempted - as I want one for my Pre-33 US collection, but buying unseen is a bit risky (obviously..). But the price is excellent - only a 3% premium for a historical coin. 

Funny thing - when I asked the lady about Mint marks and after telling her where to look - she said it's an S on the 1907 - so from "Sydney".  Bless her.  I didn't have the heart to discuss whether the British Empire had ever stretched to California and Sam Francisco!! Shows you how much Sovereign business HGM must do every day though??

Archived