• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a deal as such, as its way over spot, but I think this is one of the best gold 50p proofs they have done, and the mintage seems unusually low compared to past gold fifty pence releases. My gut tells me it could be one of those rare winners from the Royal Mint with the Olympics coming up in a couple of weeks. Would be interested to get some other views.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/Team_GB_2016_UK_Gold_Proof_50p_Coin

6 hours ago, richo said:

Not really a deal as such, as its way over spot, but I think this is one of the best gold 50p proofs they have done, and the mintage seems unusually low compared to past gold fifty pence releases. My gut tells me it could be one of those rare winners from the Royal Mint with the Olympics coming up in a couple of weeks. Would be interested to get some other views.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/Team_GB_2016_UK_Gold_Proof_50p_Coin

Doesn't scream winner to me, I wouldn't touch it. 

If you want to buy it because you like it, can't knock that. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

If you like the coin and want to gamble on it go for it. Its hard to predict whether these will do well or not though. I remember the peter rabbit coin everyone thought those were a flop at the time.

I should have known those would do well when the missus asked me if it was worth getting some for the kids (she knows very little about the subject - if she knew about them everyone else would too - this was a positive indicator that I failed to notice).

I said 'no these coins are far too expensive relative to their silver content and the mintage is too high - they will not do well'... :lol:

Hi, thanks for comments! I don't buy much at all from the Royal Mint. Only like 1-2 coins ever due to the premiums, but I keep coming back to that. Maybe it's just me. I guess it's still £700 for £500 of gold, but I do think it's one of the nicer designs. I'll keep watching for now. Agree there are not many winners when have done research on the fifty Pence's, Kew Gardens and Battle of Britain and that's about it.

28 minutes ago, KDave said:

If you like the coin and want to gamble on it go for it. Its hard to predict whether these will do well or not though. I remember the peter rabbit coin everyone thought those were a flop at the time.

I should have known those would do well when the missus asked me if it was worth getting some for the kids (she knows very little about the subject - if she knew about them everyone else would too - this was a positive indicator that I failed to notice).

I said 'no these coins are far too expensive relative to their silver content and the mintage is too high - they will not do well'... :lol:

Next time your better half, asks about a coin, (after of course you have bought 20 of them), could you please pass on her tips to us. ;)

2 hours ago, KDave said:

I remember the peter rabbit coin everyone thought those were a flop at the time.

How dare you :P

I posted a thread saying something interesting seemed to be happening with them and that they had been in all the news papers

& I quote "is the Peter Rabbit coin really going to be that popular?!"

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

35 minutes ago, Kman said:

How dare you :P

I posted a thread saying something interesting seemed to be happening with them and that they had been in all the news papers

& I quote "is the Peter Rabbit coin really going to be that popular?!"

Yes fair enough, a poor choice of words, no one thought it was going to be a flop - to summarise that thread, most just thought it was another ugly royal mint colourised coin rip off. :lol:

That thread shows all the negative sentiment. Did you buy any in the end? I remember them selling rather well on ebay after a few weeks, so well in fact people were painting their non colourised versions and listed them as the real thing :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, KDave said:

Yes fair enough, a poor choice of words, no one thought it was going to be a flop - to summarise that thread, most just thought it was another ugly royal mint colourised coin rip off. :lol:

That thread shows all the negative sentiment. Did you buy any in the end? I remember them selling rather well on ebay after a few weeks, so well in fact people were painting their non colourised versions and listed them as the real thing :rolleyes:

I can't bring myself to buy things I don't like, even if I think they could do well

Also, when I say "do well" I will admit I thought there was profit to be made, but only the only £50 per coin or something, not the crazy figures they sold for on Ebay

On 23/07/2014 at 18:52, HighlandTiger said:

And only 1 available.

Oh if only I had the money now.........it would be mine.....allllll mine. 

Same just looked, some only 2% over spot.?

HGM currently have 1 X 1oz Chinese Panda in.  No idea of the year or condition but might be worth enquiring if you're in the market for one.

Edit:

Curiosity got the better of me.  Loose and is 2011.  Didn't bother to check condition.

I myself would go for a 2009 but only because I don't have that one.  On paper, the 2011 seems to be priced a little higher than the 2009.  

13 hours ago, morezone said:

I myself would go for a 2009 but only because I don't have that one.  On paper, the 2011 seems to be priced a little higher than the 2009.  

2011 was an expensive year for gold buyers ?

@PureGold Go for the 09 it's a lovely design.

Archived