• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

Wow! When I see good deals I cannot help to think that they know something that we don't....price drop, that they find out how to transform iron in gold, etc. :D I know its stupid but.....I don't trust good deals.... :P

I know sometimes in life you just got to go with how you feel i know what you mean i have left some so called good deals myself and moved on looking for the next deal.:)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@keithoil Just looking at the proof sovereign mintages, looks like you got the cheapest and the lowest mintage of 20,000, the 1980 which I bought for £200 has a mintage of 81,200, I should really do my research before pulling the trigger, I'm still happy though :)

Not gold, but I can't find a similar thread for Silver.

A complete set 100 Years of British Monarchy 50 silver pieces all 100gramms per piece In original presentation box.

I like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-years-of-British-monarchy-solid-silver-set-/111457345164?pt=UK_Coins_OtherBritish_RL&hash=item19f3601e8c

£1950 - I make that 2% over spot and no vat.

Not gold, but I can't find a similar thread for Silver.

A complete set 100 Years of British Monarchy 50 silver pieces all 100gramms per piece In original presentation box.

I like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-years-of-British-monarchy-solid-silver-set-/111457345164?pt=UK_Coins_OtherBritish_RL&hash=item19f3601e8c

£1950 - I make that 2% over spot and no vat.

I'm not sure these are 100g more like 66g.

They are sterling, I own a single bar, they are also 66 grams and unless they did another set its quite likely these are too. 

One nice part they missed out is if they are the same as mine (im 99% sure they are) then these bars are actually fully hallmarked. 

IF they are indeed 100 grams each its a steal, at 66 grams each not really.

I would say extremely misleading but it's not, just a flat out lie.

It's only a lie if the seller knows their correct weight, I'd proffer that they are mistaken rather than lying.

With a decent amount of positive feedback and no negatives, that's the logical conclusion.

Stacker since 2013

It's only a lie if the seller knows their correct weight, I'd proffer that they are mistaken rather than lying.

With a decent amount of positive feedback and no negatives, that's the logical conclusion.

But that's exactly what they have listed, you would hope it's not a deliberate lie, but it's still a lie

"A complete set 100 Years of British Monarchy 50 pieces all 100gramms per piece In original presentation box"

If you're selling something for near £2000 then you would hope they've done a bit of research and could accurately list what is for sale. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

But that's exactly what they have listed, you would hope it's not a deliberate lie, but it's still a lie

there's no such thing as an indeliberate lie.  

If you're selling something for near £2000 then you would hope they've done a bit of research and could accurately list what is for sale. 

agreed, especially because it would come back like a boomerang once someone realised they're not 100g/piece.  Most people wouldn't be bothered with that.

lie

[lahy]

noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.

Antonyms: truth.

Stacker since 2013

The Monarchy bars I have the set but not in the box just loose. They are I believe 2.33 ozs, which is 72,463 grams.

I am unable to verify this as I am not with my stack.

If I remember rightly they are a chunky bar. And yes they are 925!!!

I just have them listed as Monarchy Bar as I could not be bothered to enter all the details on them.

Archived