• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

morezone
Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has got to be a first  2014 sov cheaper at bullion by post than atkinsons

bbp are stating 4% over spotf 

Not sure if your calculator is working, but BBP 2014 sov, is £203. That is 10% over spot. 

You need to buy 1000 sovs to get 4% over spot. Not very realistic. 

You need to check the small print, it says "FROM" 4% over spot

1oz gold britannias back in stock at HGM - x4 to be snapped up

the dozen there last week went pretty quick these appeared this afternoon

hope they still have one left at the end of the week when i get paid ! :)

if i were to be buying gold bars i would be trying to get a 1oz example from each refiner, so as i be familiar to the packaging/style/assay/appearance/type of plastic encapsulation.

I prefer collecting gold coins personally. When in early stages of collecting gold coins, buying your first sov, krugerrand, maple, eagle, buffalo is exciting, though it may be just me who is sad lol

if i were to be buying gold bars i would be trying to get a 1oz example from each refiner, so as i be familiar to the packaging/style/assay/appearance/type of plastic encapsulation.

I prefer collecting gold coins personally. When in early stages of collecting gold coins, buying your first sov, krugerrand, maple, eagle, buffalo is exciting, though it may be just me who is sad lol

I always get excited when opening 1oz Gold coins esp Pandas,kangaroo,buffalo., after years I still get slight butterflies in my stomach. The other day I got my first 1oz Gold Libertad I found it very exciting, maybe I'm sad or We are greedy  :D

I don't on fractional coins  :(

although it doesn't represent very good value for money in my opinion.  

Bullion By Post has stock of 2006 1oz lunar series DOG £881 (!..eek!!) 26,000 mintage. 

http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/lunar-gold-coin-series/1oz-gold-australian-lunar-year-dog/

Possible upside in years to comes possible or someone may be missing it in their lunar set.

although it doesn't represent very good value for money in my opinion.  

Bullion By Post has stock of 2006 1oz lunar series DOG £881 (!..eek!!) 26,000 mintage. 

http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/lunar-gold-coin-series/1oz-gold-australian-lunar-year-dog/

Possible upside in years to comes possible or someone may be missing it in their lunar set.

£859 here -

http://taxfreegold.co.uk/2006australiachineselunarcalendardog.php

Victoria 1875 shield back sov here for sale, £195 + £6,95 postage on eBay now.  Just listed (not by me nor anyone I know).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Full-Sovereign-Queen-Victoria-Shield-1875-/221527294139?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item33940e40bb 

Sold by someone called sovereign 

Selling other sovereigns

are they selling it cheapish because its badly beaten up?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Sold by someone called sovereign 

Selling other sovereigns

are they selling it cheapish because its badly beaten up?

I'm not following your point about their username.

Whilst the pictures are poor, they offer returns and have good feedback score so I think the risk is low for someone that wants these sought after shield backs.  They mention it has some scratches so probably they just want to shift it sooner rather than later.  I've seen many go for £250 on eBay so for someone looking out for an older sov I think it's a low risk buy and they normally command a higher premium.

I'm not following your point about their username.

That they know about sovereigns so it seems unlikely they would list something as a bargain not knowing what it is 

I personally don't know anything to know if it's a good deal or not 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

A very polite email replied within an hour, bought from them before and they were first class, once I got my head around the payment system

I've made a few purchases from them but I am yet to receive a reply to my emails. 1st time I had to phone instead. 2nd time was just an enquiry so spent money elsewhere.

Won't stop me buying from them but would have liked a reply of some sort even if a day late.

Archived