• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

morezone

GOLD DEALS - See a deal, post here :)

On 4/28/2018 at 02:19, mr1030 said:

Thanks for this.  I just ordered one.  The premium on their web site is double this amount.  They really jacked up the premium this year.  I bought the first one off their website when it was released and it was only about $40 over spot.

Someone on the 30th paid $1440 for one. I guess the deal his off and now Apmex makes their money back. $1440 is oner $125 over spot. Back to their website for a better but not great deal. Gold going down into the $1200 range as the dollar  strengthens.  That is okay for those that think the dollar is going higher because we be back to the $1200's very soon.

Edited by Sal

2016 Gold Proof Sovereign @ £520 - Showing on eBay. Maybe the most underestimated Sov of the last 10 years? 

It's a wonderful coin, any thoughts? I think it is worth more..... 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

2016 Gold Proof Sovereign @ £520 - Showing on eBay. Maybe the most underestimated Sov of the last 10 years? 

It's a wonderful coin, any thoughts? I think it is worth more..... 

Why/How - what is so special about this year - 7500 minted and not a variant.

4 hours ago, mondy41 said:

Why/How - what is so special about this year - 7500 minted and not a variant.

If it is the one I saw it has the Butler Head which I thought was a one off.  However I also thought the mintage was more than 7500.

7 hours ago, Seasider said:

If it is the one I saw it has the Butler Head which I thought was a one off.  However I also thought the mintage was more than 7500.

Yes, it was the Limited Release portrait of Queen Elizabeth II by James Butler which did not appear on any circulating coinage. 

Just wanted to know thoughts,  certainly a one off design? 

On 17/05/2018 at 16:48, Cornishfarmer said:

Anyone get the $5 Indian head at HGM earlier?

Had it in my cart but someone else got there first.  Same thing today with the other indian head $10.  A few half shield backs today as well but all jubilees.

On 21 May 2018 at 07:29, shawy2510 said:
On 21 May 2018 at 07:12, MickB said:
Atkinsons have one of each 2016 & 2017 pre-owned Australian proof sovereigns.

Pretty expensive tbh, I just sold a 2016 PF70 with all boxes & coas & it only made £289.99 on Ebay

And they still haven't sold them so the price says it all :lol:

I don't think GS.be is a regular place to seek out older Sovereigns (as well as other interesting Quarter oz coins).  I noticed they have quite a few Veiled Head Victoria Sovereigns in stock that might be of interest to some, particularly if bought through the Group Order.  The Sovereigns are keenly priced too- around £235.  

https://goldsilver.be/en/16-14-oz-gold

Edited by richatthecroft

Hi everyone.

Any tips on the best place to get 1/4 oz gold Britannia's. 

After building a collection of full Britannia's I've started on quarters now. It will be 1/10oz next. Any tips on where to get them in good condition at a sensible price would be great?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/gold/pre-owned-gold-coins/pre-owned-2018-uk-queen-s-beasts-the-unicorn-1oz-g

Pre-owned 1 oz gold unicorns on Atkinsons. If they go anything like the lion and griffin this looks like a great deal. 

That's depressing! I'd love one but only getting 1/4's now! to trade a Britannia or not. I don't know what to do!