• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4 Queens Beasts coin

rebnah

1 hour ago, MikeOxlong said:

So royal mint are no longer minting the bullion version and have switched to proof? This is what kept me away from buying one after seeing how they went about it with their bullion 1/10oz lunars.. 

14 BU only

15 BU + Bullion

16 BU only

Its like they are just clicking buttons.. good luck on a 12 year set (Or whatever it is) 

Yep, the 1/4 getting pulled so quickly does not bode well for uniformity when collecting this series over the 10 years or so! I'll just be picking up bits I like, it's not like we can collect everything anyway. I havnt bought a single Queens Beast coin yet believe it or not.

ps; nice avatar. Land down under barrier reef coin. Always wanted that and newer got round to getting it. Did you get one?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off - I should say that so far I am immune to the charms of these coins - in gold or silver, as I have not bought a single one. But I have followed the Forum chats on them out of interest on the dynamics of a new release. I haven't seen any real definitive answer ( or much speculation) - but I have a bit of a cheeky question: wouldn't you think the RM would rush these ten designs out along at a reasonable clip?! I know the designs are linked the Coronation and may last a decade - and I hope Her Majesty lives to see them all , but would they stop in mid-stream? Just a thought for all of you buckling up for the entire series?  Maybe they should get on with the second edition to keep the novelty going, although I struggle to see why collectors worldwide would be clamouring to buy a Queens greyhound.... 

I am collecting the gold 1 ounce UK lunar Shengxiao designs, but have paused while waiting (in vain) for the Monkey to drop to the £800 range that I bought the first two for: I may be waiting a while!! 

First off - I should say that so far I am immune to the charms of these coins - in gold or silver, as I have not bought a single one. But I have followed the Forum chats on them out of interest on the dynamics of a new release. I haven't seen any real definitive answer ( or much speculation) - but I have a bit of a cheeky question: wouldn't you think the RM would rush these ten designs out along at a reasonable clip?! I know the designs are linked the Coronation and may last a decade - and I hope Her Majesty lives to see them all , but would they stop in mid-stream? Just a thought for all of you buckling up for the entire series[emoji6]  Maybe they should get on with the second edition to keep the novelty going, although I struggle to see why collectors worldwide would be clamouring to buy a Queens greyhound.... 

I am collecting the gold 1 ounce UK lunar Shengxiao designs, but have paused while waiting (in vain) for the Monkey to drop to the £800 range that I bought the first two for: I may be waiting a while!! 

Nobody can say- all speculation. I think that it will be a 1 per year thing as that's the way they work. They are looking for another major product line along side lunar which I don't think has been a success, britannia that's been going since 1987 and sovereign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/6/2016 at 21:27, richo said:

Yep, the 1/4 getting pulled so quickly does not bode well for uniformity when collecting this series over the 10 years or so! I'll just be picking up bits I like, it's not like we can collect everything anyway. I havnt bought a single Queens Beast coin yet believe it or not.

ps; nice avatar. Land down under barrier reef coin. Always wanted that and newer got round to getting it. Did you get one?

Yes got mine from EMK when one popped up..really beautiful coin and got COA number 3 as added bonus :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2016 at 19:39, MikeOxlong said:

So royal mint are no longer minting the bullion version and have switched to proof? This is what kept me away from buying one after seeing how they went about it with their bullion 1/10oz lunars.. 

14 BU only

15 BU + Bullion

16 BU only

Its like they are just clicking buttons.. good luck on a 12 year set (Or whatever it is) 

NVM

I think everyone may be wrong. Just saw on eBay that pinehurstcoins has the 2016 1/4 ounce gold queens beast and they got a lot of em. 

Maybe they ordered a lot of them before the mint stopped producing them. 

Anyway, may be the last chance to pick some up.

4 hours ago, Pampfan said:

I think everyone may be wrong. Just saw on eBay that pinehurstcoins has the 2016 1/4 ounce gold queens beast and they got a lot of em. 

Maybe they ordered a lot of them before the mint stopped producing them. 

Anyway, may be the last chance to pick some up.

Wow - thanks @Pampfan for the heads up! That may prompt me to finally get off the Beast fence and buy some - as they are at £285 if you buy in the US, which is not much of a premium for a quarter of gold.  I am going to hit the buttons today...

41 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

Wow - thanks @Pampfan for the heads up! That may prompt me to finally get off the Beast fence and buy some - as they are at £285 if you buy in the US, which is not much of a premium for a quarter of gold.  I am going to hit the buttons today...

If only we knew anyone that could bring 2 back from America for us

1 hour ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

Does any one know if there any way to get round the import charges as its showing $85 and why there are charges when gold isn't VATable?

No way around it via eBay.  Due to the simplified systems they use, they just charge on everything otherwise it gets too complicated.

Only way is to see if they'll take international orders direct.  Just has a very quick look on their website and it doesn't mention anything about international shipping.  It's possible they can do it via direct contact.

4 minutes ago, PureGold said:

Just sent an email to asking for international orders it does say US shipping only on the website.. Would the import fee be the same regardless of amout of coins ordered only other way is trying to split cost group buy maybe??

Just went into their FAQ page:  

Do you ship internationally?

Unfortunately we do not ship internationally.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you

Import fees would be customs clearance fee which would be either a % of around 2.5 or a fixed fee of around £12 depending on which courier is used.  VAT is 20% and duty may be another x% if the incorrect commodity codes are used.  VAT and duty could be claimed back but could be a long process that is even assuming it is successful.

I'm afraid not, just US.  There are still a couple of EU dealers with stock but very expensive.  Some EU dealers may import some just like they do with the Silver Britannia Privys.  For the most part, the stock will remain in the US.

I have 7 available on a first come first served basis...

£340 inc uk Sd or Euro tracked and signed. PP friends or bank transfer. No capsule - as they come... Delivery to you sept 27th uk or Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Cornishfarmer said:

@onlyroadtoheaven and @PureGold you are in luck... Someone has just posted one for sale here,.  Only £80 odd more than you can get them for in the us!!!!

Hello guys

I know its a little more to spend but this particular coin cost me this amount so its the lowest i can do this one for delivered. It comes in a capsule.

I will provide the tracking number should someone buy it.

Cheers

Archived