• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Did someone here buy this from Atkinsons?

TheGoldSovereign

Was just about to pull the trigger on this as its something interesting, before google brought up nothing on it, called atkinsons and they said they have listed it wrong and it wasn't produced by the RM as per their description, likely an independent, no COA

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/sovereign-gold-coins/pre-owned-2015-uk-royal-coat-of-arms-full-sovereig

Just wondering if someone bought it from here? :). The date is birth of princess charlotte

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

5 minutes ago, ST1986 said:

I just spent ten minutes looking for some information on the coin could not find anything

I know, i'm not sure if i'm happy i didn't buy it or not because of that... lol

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

Queenie looks very similar to some of the rubbish produced by The London Mint, who do a lot of Tristan da Cunha coins. 

Be grateful you didn't get it - TDC coins are rarely popular on the secondary market.

In short, it's a Tristan da Cunha 'sovereign' that will have originally sold for about £550 or so.  It's worth its scrap, but I wouldn't be sure of any additional premium.

8 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

Queenie looks very similar to some of the rubbish produced by The London Mint, who do a lot of Tristan da Cunha coins. 

Be grateful you didn't get it - TDC coins are rarely popular on the secondary market.

In short, it's a Tristan da Cunha 'sovereign' that will have originally sold for about £550 or so.  It's worth its scrap, but I wouldn't be sure of any additional premium.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-UK-GOLD-PROOF-SOVEREIGN-2013-VIVAT-REGINA-/322192892289?hash=item4b04316181:g:xgsAAOSwGXtXh-1R

This one from 2013 looks very similar Queen portrait, visible numbering & VIVAT REGINA reference

As Clens says above it looks like a Tristan da Cunha issue not a Royal Mint 

Getting pretty annoying with the London mint office actuslly, charging ridiculous prices and as people here are saying are they actuslly allowed to mint sovereigns? Is there some kind of license?

Recently I've tried to buy some angels that they are selling for I think £600 for 1/4. People try to resell them even higher it's just madness.

The Gold Sovereign

They mint on behalf of the country of Tristan da Cunha.  That country can issue any denomination of currency that it wishes.  It's not a British sovereign; it's not CGT-free, it's a TDC-sovereign.

Morals don't go well with marketing.

• 2 years later...

Archived