• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2oz silver Queens beast coins

rebnah

Hello again everyone

just wanted all your opinions if you don't mind?

Ive got 100 2oz Queens beast coins that I would like to sell but I'm not sure if it's best to sell in tubes of 10 or as single coins?

Ive not had much interest selling as tubes and I think I was asking to much for them so I lowered the price but still no real interest?

could you tell me what is about the right price per coin as I've seen them going between £48-55 

If anyone wants any here I'm happy to do a better price for forum members.

Cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tube of 10 can be had for an average of £445 from various German/Belgium dealers as I write this.

£48 would be a fair price for a single.. 

13 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

Must admit I've been shying away from buying these coins, due to the reactions of the members of this forum ref quality.

Not sure where that was - the detail is fantastic on them.  It's almost a high-relief coin, rather than standard bullion.

I think you would have takers at £50 delivered, especially if you capped them. Not sure if it would be worth the effort punting singles though, depends how much you got them for and how much your time is worth. I got 5 recently but they are in long term storage. Hopefully they will be worth considerably more when I want to off load. Good luck. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, rebnah said:

i think the quality looks fine but I'm not a coin collector

They are mass produced, and therefore will have the occasional contact marks (aka bag marks).  That aside there has been a few mentions on frequent marks on the Queen's face, and that perhaps her portrait relief is too high (or the coin edge is too low to protect it).  I am seeing many concerns with the Royal Mint's quality control of late, but in particular with this coin series.

I've not actually examined one or even held one in my gloved hand, my comments are purely based on the observations and concerns of others (on this forum and elsewhere).

44 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

They are mass produced, and therefore will have the occasional contact marks (aka bag marks).  That aside there has been a few mentions on frequent marks on the Queen's face, and that perhaps her portrait relief is too high (or the coin edge is too low to protect it).  I am seeing many concerns with the Royal Mint's quality control of late, but in particular with this coin series.

I've not actually examined one or even held one in my gloved hand, my comments are purely based on the observations and concerns of others (on this forum and elsewhere).

I've 5 tubes and they are all mint.

It was the 1/4 gold that had the issues, i have some 1oz and 1/4 though and they are all fine. Maybe i'm just lucky but i don't think i've seen anyone saying about the poor quality of the silver except from some spotting @morezone had

I agree through that the RM has bad days, 2013-14 was pretty awful, everything i have from those years is a mess

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

On 25/06/2016 at 17:38, Pipers said:

Word of warning!

I received my silver beast today from the RMB it is damaged on the edge of the coin I am going to ring them up Monday.  

On 24/06/2016 at 18:29, SilverGrain said:

Yes have noticed some milk spots on my tube of 10 the other day.

On 23/06/2016 at 23:14, Cully said:

This one came from the RM in a cap, so I sent it back.

image.jpeg

On 23/06/2016 at 22:03, KDave said:

Its on both of my coin sets, a couple of the tube of 10 from STG have spotted and the RMB capsule one has it on the queens head but not the lion side. I am going to sell the tube of 10 and keep the capsule one I think.

On 23/06/2016 at 21:48, ApisMellifera said:

I think I can see something slowly coming through 2 of 3 of mine,I'm not sure whether they are finger print or milk spots. grrr.

This is from just one thread and there have been quite a few thread regarding the QB.  There are a few other people who have returned the coin back to RMB as well as at least one who has returned to STG.

It is a great design but is let down by low quality control.  It is just a bullion coin but a very high premium bullion coin at that so they should exercise more care when minting and handling them.

I fully agree with the comment about "bullion", people keep throwing this around and it makes me very angry :angry:. A bullion coin is one that "have been, legal tender in their country of origin". Nowhere do i remember the word meaning dragged across the floor before sale.

Don't worry, its only bullion! WTF

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

6 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

:unsure:

many people consider bullion as priced mostly in line with

it's metal content.

HH

That would be what the yanks called a "round" then. Sorry i just don't agree that bullion means scrap metal, because that's not what it is. 

The Gold Sovereign

8 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

:unsure:

many people consider bullion as priced mostly in line with

it's metal content.

HH

Yes, a coin, round, ingot or bar of precious metal, the value of which is solely determined by the value of it's metal content. Not just many people's opinion, that's it's definition in essence.

2 minutes ago, sg86 said:

That would be what the yanks called a "round" then. Sorry i just don't agree that bullion means scrap metal, because that's not what it is. 

see above. a round is a non-monetised coin. you are making the mistake of only thinking in terms of small, round metal discs when you consider what bullion is. In essence, bullion is in fact scrap metal.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

a round has no denomination as opposed to a coin which does

have a denomination.

you can get proof rounds and proof coins.

you can get bullion rounds and bullion coins.

bullion gold sovereigns are an example of a bullion coin. it has a

recognised denomination of £1 but can be traded within a few %

of the metal value. it can be bought to be scrapped to turn into

something else but some are bought to be kept as coins.

HH

7 minutes ago, rebnah said:

Ok Ok

So does anyone want any tubes of these lol?

sorry to hijack your thread.

I think that your pricing feels uncompetitive against dealer

pricing especially for volume. 10x is priced ~£470 at stg

(before todays price drop) you may need to price volume

at slightly below popular dealers to get increased interest.

HH

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2016 at 09:32, Clens92 said:

Not sure where that was - the detail is fantastic on them.  It's almost a high-relief coin, rather than standard bullion.

I know this is a very old post, but I bit the bullet and bought some tubes of the Queen's Beasts for resale.  I have to agree, they are a stunning coin when you have them in your hand.

• 3 weeks later...

The premium on them seems to have come down quite a lot, at least from the dealers I follow (eg celticgold are selling them for spot+39%) so I bought a couple, and I have to say they are very nice indeed. Hopefully they won't develop any milkspots.

Archived