• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin Capsule Size For 2014 1oz Britannia?

Kman

Basic question I know

But after asking a site what size coin capsule I needed for a 2014 1 oz gold Britannia they told me 39mm

I bought 5, they came today but are way too big.

I emailed the site and they apologised and offered to replace the capsules with my next order 

But looking at the capsules anyway I think I prefer the airtight ones, you know with the blank around it

So I did a search and saw these http://www.coingallery.co.uk/air-tite-ringed-capsules-37-c.asp

What size do I need?

I contacted the site and they told me 39mm but having just got 39mm capsules from somewhere else and them being too big I'm not sure if that's right (or if because they have the black border around it makes any difference)

What a kerfuffle just trying to get some coin capsules :huh: 

Any help appreciated

Thanks  

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Should be 32mm. My 2007 and 2011 are 32mm but obviously 22k. UK Lunar is 32mm and 24k so I assume 24k Brits will be too.

Those caps are lighthouse with the air-tite ring. You want to buy genuine air-titles for the best quality. I prefer them without the ring.

Should be 32mm. My 2007 and 2011 are 32mm but obviously 22k. UK Lunar is 32mm and 24k so I assume 24k Brits will be too.

Those caps are lighthouse with the air-tite ring. You want to buy genuine air-titles for the best quality. I prefer them without the ring.

Thanks, where to buy yours from? why do you think two sites have told me 39mm  :wacko:

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

http://www.air-tites.com/

No idea why they told you 39mm.  Maybe becuase they thought it was for silver as they are 39mm.

I use direct fit without the ring.  Can see they edging etc which I prefer.  The air-tite caps will then fit into the air-tite tubes which hold 20 caps.

post-94-0-76398300-1402058361_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-98390200-1402058368_thumb.jpg

Maybe they thought you were asking about silver, it's 39mm for them.

This was my email

"Hi 

I have a 2014 Gold 1oz Britannia

Id like to buy an airtight capsule for it

Could you please let me know what size I should buy?

Thanks very much"

+ Thanks Morezone will take a look 

You guys are more accurate than me.

If using genuine air-tites, then 32mm (H32).

If using generics, then 33mm.

The coin does indeed measure over a tad over 32mm.

Ended up getting a ringed capsule from coingallery, ordered them about 2pm and they came today, very quick delivery.

Feels good and secure, got the 32mm. Just need 4 more coins to put in the other 4 capsules. 

t9jzhc.jpg

That's a beauty Murray, looks great in that capsule, so what's your next purchase gonna be?

Probably a 1oz Gold Lunar Year of the Horse

Also interested in getting some sovereigns  ^_^

• 4 years later...

Archived