• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint 1986 Silver Medal 1100 Years Of Minting

gazer

I will try and upload photos of my coin, they will be rubbish as my normal. I would like to get hold of a original box for my coin
when I purchased it the box was not with it. The certificate of authenticity was but I have lost that.
I have got to like this coin it was one of the first I purchased it is in excellent condition, every time I take a photo there it looks red here brown there I
would like just for once take a decent photo. Because this coin lovely in my view, not sure about others.
Anyway as said I do go on but I really like some coins more than others. So please if someone knows or have the correct box and would sell please contact me.
Anyway what do you think of my coin.
THE MEDAL WAS STUCK BY RTHE ROYAL MINT TO COMMEMORATE 1100 YEARS OF MINTING IN 1986. AS IT ALL STARTED IN 886 ALFRED THE GREAT WAS KING AT THE TIME
ONE SIDE AS THE LIKENESS OF KING ALFRED THE OTHER SIDE AS QUEEN ELIZABERTH II, AS YOU HAVE PROBALLY GUESED THERE WAS ONLY 1100 MINTED.

THE  CASE WILL NEED TO BE ORIGINAL PLEASE LONG SHOT I KNOW
THE COIN ITSELF IS 64.5MM DIAMETER, 5 OUNCES IN WEIGHT, METAL CONTENT 4.56 TROY OZ, THICKNESS 5.5 MM.
HOPE PEOPLE ENJOY READING THIS

Regards Gary

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

1 hour ago, HelpingHands said:

Some of the RM stuff like that came in a box but the coin/medal was just sealed in plastic.

I don't know of this example above but if you find a box it may not have ever had a capsule to go with it.

Thank you, perhaps I will look at getting a really nice one that fits perfectly. ?

Smart looking coin, not seen it before, incidentally not sure about your hands though, maybe worth a visit to the docs

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

12 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Some of the RM stuff like that came in a box but the coin/medal was just sealed in plastic.

I don't know of this example above but if you find a box it may not have ever had a capsule to go with it.

Thank you, perhaps I will look at getting a really nice one that fits perfectly. ?

11 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

THANK you I just had a look at ones you downloaded for me, that bronze coin I would have purchased, once again thank you for your effort for the downloades.?

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Smart looking coin, not seen it before, incidentally not sure about your hands though, maybe worth a visit to the docs

Thank you, I have lost a bit of weight, maybe a little to much looking at the photos. GREAT reply. ?

On 07/06/2016 at 18:35, Bosse68 said:

Lovely medal, why not get it graded?

Hi Bosses68, I had a look at London coins for grading it looks like I will have to send away in September, just missed for this month. I know a little about grading, only one I have done so far, pitty iv got to wait. ⌚

Archived