• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

@prophet800 I am somewhat distrustful too, more so after being offered 10 months interest free finance on some gold. Do they know something we don't? :P

I will post here again if/when I receive the coins, but I can confirm that as of the time of this writing, my card has yet to be charged for the order and I am told they shipped yesterday. Lets wait and see. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=2870]prophet800[/mention] I am somewhat distrustful too, more so after being offered 10 months interest free finance on some gold. Do they know something we don't? [emoji14]
I will post here again if/when I receive the coins, but I can confirm that as of the time of this writing, my card has yet to be charged for the order and I am told they shipped yesterday. Lets wait and see. 

Fingers crossed I get them tomorrow. I hope so anyway as I'm starting to get cramp in them as I have had them crossed for 3 weeks now lol.

42 minutes ago, morezone said:

Probably down to how many they've actually received.  They currently have 41 in stock. No idea how many have been sold since they listed but probably not many.  If they're not anticipating getting anymore anytime soon, they'll list high to trickle sell them.

It's really interesting how there is supposed to be 1 million but nowhere seems to be getting any decent quantity.  I know they had production issues at the start but I'd have thought it would be sorted by now.

As you say. The mint is playing a blinder here, limiting supply and charging 3 times what they are worth. If they keep it up long enough, they'll get through a good proportion of the total production at inflated prices before they have to release the rest at bullion prices. It'll be interesting in the secondary market in a couple of years, with thousands in the hands of people who've paid £50+ ,wanting to sell and keep their premium.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

As you say. The mint is playing a blinder here, limiting supply and charging 3 times what they are worth. If they keep it up long enough, they'll get through a good proportion of the total production at inflated prices before they have to release the rest at bullion prices. It'll be interesting in the secondary market in a couple of years, with thousands in the hands of people who've paid £50+ ,wanting to sell and keep their premium.

Have you got your bu version yet or are you are still waiting for 20s range 

i am poor student so I have to wait til the coin in 20s range ;) , for silver 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

36 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Have you got your bu version yet or are you are still waiting for 20s range 

i am poor student so I have to wait til the coin in 20s range ;) , for silver 

I've got all I need in proof so won't be touching the bullion, no need to. No money to be made flipping them. maybe when you can get then for 20:unsure:

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Can't believe how the bullion version of this has spiralled. I can't see a logical reason why other than a misplaced feeding frenzy, but I'd be staggered if there wasn't a fall coming. The proof is nice and will have potential, but again, prices have risen too fast.

Just gave a call to MCM to enquire regarding price for the PF70 and apparently they are expecting prices to go up to $1295 and they are selling it for $995 so expecting large amount of raw coin submission from the community I guess.... But damn you could probably get an ounce of gold with that =..=

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

13 minutes ago, SilverSiren said:

I see downies in Australia has some of the proofs for sale for a decent price, even if you factor in shipping costs, at least compared to prices here in the states!

2017 Proof Silver Krugerrand Available

Beautiful!  Thanks @SilverSiren!  I just ordered one.  That's super reasonable especially when the currency conversion works in your favor.  Thanks again for looking out for us.

11 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Sold out now but I was having a chuckle at the description: "struck to the South African MInt's impeccable proof quality..."  :P

I have seen in reports of the coins coming out of the capsule in transit, hopefully they will take measures to prevent that from happening.  I figured they'd sell out of their allotment pretty quickly given how fast APMEX was able to sell them at  over $300 USD each :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived