• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

Received a letter from CPM today dated 24th.  According to them they tried to take payment but was declined by my card issuer.  I've not received any text notification from issuer about any declined transactions.  Possible I may have punched in the wrong numbers.  Phoned them up and gave them the details again but they don't process on the spot so will have to wait until overnight processing.  Now have to wait and see.  They phoned me up the day after ordering to try and flog me some stuff so not sure why they couldn't have just phoned to let me know of an issue.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either they have been given a good allocation or they're using it to reel in customers and hit them with other goods as well.  Good way of adding new customers to the mailing list.  Other dealers are definitely paying a lot less than what they're charging and will be priced according to their supply level.

2 minutes ago, dancavendish said:

I'm still not sure of buying this proof krogerrand 

I know it should be good as first ever but still £100 for silver 1oz coin

The SA Mint Website suggest that 2017 is the first and only year that the Silver Krugerrand is issued.  If this is the case then a Silver Krugerrand will be a desirable item.  If they produce it year after year then the current prices will be high........

1 hour ago, whitesands1 said:

The SA Mint Website suggest that 2017 is the first and only year that the Silver Krugerrand is issued.  If this is the case then a Silver Krugerrand will be a desirable item.  If they produce it year after year then the current prices will be high........

So the mint doesn't want to earn more money by having one year only when it is selling this well 

Probably. 2018 silver with slightly bigger privy or different privy , another 100 each person 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

15 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

So the mint doesn't want to earn more money by having one year only when it is selling this well 

Probably. 2018 silver with slightly bigger privy or different privy , another 100 each person 

If people get burned on this one, then any 2018 will flop.  I have to say this is a real interesting one.  I keep thinking that the gold ones are very low premium, so what is driving the silver ones, particularly when they are so poorly marketed?

Any other thoughts on if this is a one year only deal?

2 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

If people get burned on this one, then any 2018 will flop.  I have to say this is a real interesting one.  I keep thinking that the gold ones are very low premium, so what is driving the silver ones, particularly when they are so poorly marketed?

Any other thought on if this is a one year only deal?

Greed , one word will explain everything 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

I believe that cionportfoilo and Westminster have there prices wrong...everywhere else seems around £200..

Noone even comes close to there prices..

I originally bought 6 from Lpm who are probably one of the cheapest on pre sales and I still paid £170

I think coinportfolio have put there prices up to 200. I'm still waiting for mine off them after they said they were dispatching them 3 times. It's over 3 weeks now so I won't be using them again after/if they arrive.

Just had a call coinportfoilo and they confirm my coins have shipped yesterday. The excuse was that they had stock take for the past 2 weeks hence the delay. The same coins are now selling for just under £200 on their website. 

The only issue I have is that they tried to sell me several other coins, including some on interest free finance. I was amazed as I have not heard of this sales mechanism in the coin industry before. The only way this is viable is with a rather large markup above 'normal' price levels. No more bargains to be had here I think.

36 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Why would Atkinsons sell it at £95!! 

1 mill mintages

What am i missing ? 

Probably down to how many they've actually received.  They currently have 41 in stock. No idea how many have been sold since they listed but probably not many.  If they're not anticipating getting anymore anytime soon, they'll list high to trickle sell them.

It's really interesting how there is supposed to be 1 million but nowhere seems to be getting any decent quantity.  I know they had production issues at the start but I'd have thought it would be sorted by now.

Just had a call coinportfoilo and they confirm my coins have shipped yesterday. The excuse was that they had stock take for the past 2 weeks hence the delay. The same coins are now selling for just under £200 on their website. 
The only issue I have is that they tried to sell me several other coins, including some on interest free finance. I was amazed as I have not heard of this sales mechanism in the coin industry before. The only way this is viable is with a rather large markup above 'normal' price levels. No more bargains to be had here I think.

I know someone who ordered 6 over the bank holiday weekend and received them last Thursday.
I had an email this morning saying they had been dispatched already and then an email an hour ago saying they have been dispatched today.
Personally I don't believe a word they say.

Archived