• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver kruggerands

Bigchilli

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't comment on these slabbed, first releases, 1st day of issue etc. I think they're stupid but each to their own. If you like that sort of thing and it's worth the money to you, or if you think you can flip for profit, or it'll gain value for the future; then buy it.

I'm going to wait until the price comes down and buy a few.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just thinking out loud, but it could also be possible that the 1 million figure is the "maximum mintage", and afterwards (if ever, of course) when the mintage numbers are published it could turn out that there's only a few thousand in circulation because the actual demand was so low.

In that case (and frankly only in that case) I see a potential for premium increases in the future for this

There is no one trying to sell these discounted so I can only assume the mint is setting a high wholesale price, along with restricting supply. Unless that is, there is a cartel operating in the metal retailing world.

Considering what state the SA economy is in, it's not surprising someone there has had the bright idea of trying to sell these with the highest margin they can get away with.

After all, there is all the profit needed to keep all the politicians' and various cronies' pockets filled.

41 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Coin portfolio is selling the proofs at £125....Although i have 6 already I've bought another 3 at this price to lower my cost average...How can they sell at this price when eBay is selling for double?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182523771674

Still hours left to go, have you bought all yours to flip ? Im still not sure on them myself but the proofs look like a good earner up to now. 

Out of curiousity i tried you're tip of going through google and it came up at the higher price for me.

The pricing of these things is getting silly. Here's the one from a site sponsor, yes it really is the BU version mintage 1 million!

I would be really interested to know how much retailers are having to pay the SA mint for them.

58fa86634da80_bleyerkrug.thumb.JPG.5b82330b2ca5df2a1a73268a7f3271bf.JPG

30 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I still believe cionportfoilo have under priced the proof ..So better take advantage

Bought 3 proofs 

had a call from them offering me the 1/4oz gold proof for £795 only lol 

they said will dispatch early next week ,, 

I have ordered three regular 2017 Silver Krugerrands with the privy mark this week, one for myself and two for my kids as a gift for a special occasion or achievement. The occasion/achievement has yet to be determined. :D Until then, I will keep them safely tucked away. ;)

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

I have ordered three regular 2017 Silver Krugerrands with the privy mark this week, one for myself and two for my kids as a gift for a special occasion or achievement. The occasion/achievement has yet to be determined. :D Until then, I will keep them safely tucked away. ;)

How much and where from, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Silverstackeruk, how do we get these for £95?  I see them priced at £125 so ordered two at that price.  I also see that they have none in stock ("click here to reserve") so I don't actually expect the order to be fulfilled.  

If you can post instructions for how to get the discount to £95 I will cancel my order (seeing as they have none in stock anyway) and resubmit at the lower price.

19 hours ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Unfortunately, I cannot order there because they only ship to the British Isles. I live in Germany. Freight forwarding via Borderlinx or other doesn't work either because of their shipment restrictions. :( Would anyone here in the forum be willing to order two or three Proof Silver Krugerrands there and ship them to me? :rolleyes: Thanks, Aaron

Archived