• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cheap Britannias

HighlandTiger

Going through my stamp magazine, (yes I collect stamps as well ;) ), I noticed a pull  out advert for a Danish company called Nordfirm.

They also sell coins and are currently selling Brits for £19 each. They have all the years from 1999 to 2007. They have a limited stock and the price for a coin company is very good. especially if any newbies want to put together a date run.

The link to the website is below

http://www.nordfrim.com/search?s=britannia

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

Could that be an error in the FX conversion?  When set to euros the prices are different but in GBP it's a flat £19.

I don't think it's an error. The advert in the stamp magazine, advertises them all at £19. I'm assuming its a promotional deal to get people from the UK to look at their website.

29 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Thanks HT.

I managed to snag 10 x 2007, 3 x 2001 and a couple of 2005.

And I picked up 3 of each of 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007. 

I've noticed that on the 2000 there is now a link that says . Promotion price - max 3 per customer

They are probably thinking whatever the Danish is for "where the feck are all these British orders coming from":)

4 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

sold out of 2005 now . at £19 what a surprise!

oh and 2001

Back in stock now. They must be minting them out the back :) 

I did have a chat with them online and they seem reliable. We'll find out when they arrive via DHL

I have been emailing them, they seem really nice.

I put in two orders, one with PayPal protection and the other with credit card protection.

What can go wrong!!!

Stacker since 2013

I made an order and chose to pay by paypal, but instead of putting me through to paypal I have been given an order number and told to send monies to them the same as a small business.  Is this the same for you guys?   

I made an order and chose to pay by paypal, but instead of putting me through to paypal I have been given an order number and told to send monies to them the same as a small business.  Is this the same for you guys?   

Yes, you just send the money to the address they give you using the order number as an additional note.

And choose regular PayPal, not gift. Then you get the protection.

Stacker since 2013

2 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

Yes, you just send the money to the address they give you using the order number as an additional note.

And choose regular PayPal, not gift. Then you get the protection.

I did the exact same thing as Danny.

@HighlandTiger Nice find HT I have a few  Britannia proofs & Bu's & have just bought 10 from the above firm, if these turn up I might do a date run of the Bu's if they don't you could be facing a ban LOL.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Another date run and some doublers ordered by credit card. Cheers HT. I was in the process of ordering a Aussie anniversary sovereign  from Chards yesterday and the order would not go through with their good old website. Has freed up the shekels to make this purchase.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Damn you hoo's!!!!

Im trying to save so i can put in a decent order and then i come along this. Ok, so off to buy some as i cant pass that price up. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

37 minutes ago, jayboat said:

Damn you hoo's!!!!

Im trying to save so i can put in a decent order and then i come along this. Ok, so off to buy some as i cant pass that price up. 

So i just bought 3x 2001's, 2x 2005's and 1 of each of the rest. 10 coins so got free shipping. They also sell the quadrum capsules i use, so grabbed up a few packs of those. Lucky i double checked and the size is 40mm, different the to 38.6mm for the 2012- present coins. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Archived